We're a quickly growing project in social area and we are looking for a talented python developer. You can read about what we do here
The ideal candidate will go through a 2 to 6 week paid trial but end up as a permanent part of the team working with us on a monthly retainer, where you're not counting your hours, you have sick days and vacation days and you still get paid the same every month regardless of the days off.
Strong communication skills are required - it's essential with the global team that each developer/designer/team member feels comfortable emailing all their thoughts and isn't shy about communicating. We don't require excellent grammar skills in English - however you communicate, through whichever style works for you is fine. What matters is that we can transcend the physical distance between us to understand each other's ideas and code.
Every developer is encouraged to think about the business, the ideas, and contribute to the product as you learn, not just be given specific tasks. We have a very clear direction and feature set in mind, but there is always room for new ideas and discussion, as well as diverse engineering challenges to solve.
So required skills are:
- expert in python
- great understanding of threads/processes, how it works in python and celery, how eventlet or other libs work
- experience with high load in multithreading environment
- strong communication skills and willingness to ask a question - we are looking for someone to treat as a member of the team, not someone to just assign 100% specced-out tasks that always must be implemented an exact way. Questions will occur and it is important that we be in contact via email or chat multiple times a day to discuss how projects are going and resolve any decisions to be made.
- it's also expected that you'll offer feedback, ideas, and polite criticism on anything you think might be going wrong with the project
Big plus to required skills if you
- an expert in django
- experienced with mysql/mongodb/redis/django
- love optimizations
- prefer to cover your code with tests
- past work with Twitter/Facebook/Instagram APIs
Please feel free to pass this along to others who you think might be interested or let us know any ideas for where you think its best to reach the best talent in your part of the world.