About the position:
We pride ourselves on finding the best and brightest minds and companies in the world of AI and data science and connecting them to a global audience via our conferences, hackathons, and online publications.
To be successful in this position, the researcher must have a passion for the latest in technology and especially the field of AI and data science. Help us discover the next great people, companies, and products that are moving this field forward.
This person must be extremely detail-oriented, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, must take initiative and must function effectively under pressure. This is a great role for a results-oriented self-starter with strong ability conduct web searches and research independently under specific guidelines. This person must also be able to quickly study and learn key aspect of this industry especially the main influences and emerging trends
● Be available to communicate with the team on EST hours for some period during the day
● Research key influencers and companies using web research, LinkedIn, twitter, research papers and other forms
● Identify speakers based on publications, public profile etc.
● Outreach to potential influencers and companies
● Conduct research related to potential new connections for a variety of reasons
● Follow a project schedule and keep track of tasks, time etc.
● Store and organize information
● Explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
● Must have experience in web research
● Experience researching technology subjects, preferably data, data science or AI-related
● Excellent written and communication skills
● Experience with MS Word, Excel, and Google Docs
● Research and compile background information on established and emerging companies and startups in AI
● Help with vetting of potential new speakers, make sure speaker files include verified contact information
● Provide assistance and coordination with Speaker Relations Managers and Speaker Recruitment.
● Conduct and facilitate overall speaker research to ensure ODSC recruitment efforts are aware of all speaker news.
● Responsible for daily monitoring of a variety of publications and resources including Google alerts, major daily, weekly and monthly newspapers and magazines, on-line news, television and social media sources for content relevant to current and prospective WSB speakers
● Participate in general speaker record upkeep and maintenance to ensure database and website accuracy
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● An awareness and interest of current events in AI and data analytics
● Experience in a fast paced office environment that demonstrates the ability to multitask and constantly re-prioritize
● Ability to work under general supervision and must be detail-oriented
● Proficiency in Microsoft products (Word, Excel,),
● Proficiency in Google documents
Less than 30 hrs/week
More than 3 months3+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am willing to pay higher rates for the most experienced freelancers