Need to add high quality UV texture map to our existing 3D models This project might require some minor geometry cleanup during creating seams and unwrapping.
Candidates with anatomical knowledge along with good fundamental modeling and texturing skills are preferred.
● Blender. At least three years experience using Blender is required.
Please be prepared to show examples of work you have created using Blender. https://www.blender.org/
● Texture based tools.
● Github. Can use the web interface to upload and share files. Command line tool is not required,
but is welcome.
● Low poly model with no unwrapping.
● Existing high resolution texture, which already has a unwrapped layout. This can be modified
1. Design and/or modify UV map texture provided. It is important that seams and
layout of the unwrapping is quality designed.
2. Minor geometry cleanups. The 3-D model is fairly reduced and is a good starting point, but now
would be the time to make any final adjustments before UV unwrapping.
3. Create seams for unwrapping. Total of 25 models will need this done.
● Should use a single texture atlas for multiple models. This will require good texture design so
there is high focus on reusability . We want to maintain the low resolution geometry as much as
● Multiple texture map types for PBR renderer. We are using a PBR based shader
○ Diffuse color map
○ Bump map
○ Normal map
○ Roughness map
1. Initial texture map design and UV unwrapping for atleast 3 components
2. Unwrapping of vertebra models. Total of 20+ models need to be unwrapped and mapped.
3. Final review and changes
January 20, 2018
I am looking for a mix of experience and value