AFG provides exclusive travel services for high net worth individuals and small to mid-cap corporations. We work with professionals, executives, business owners and other high income and net worth travelers who want a white glove service experience - for less. AFG is the premier provider of deeply discounted Business and First Class Flights within the travel industry. With four offices worldwide, over 60 employees, and ever improving technologies AFG is the fastest growing business of its kind that caters toward the higher end of the travel market.
We are currently seeking skilled, detail-oriented, and driven individuals for an engineering position in the luxury travel industry. Knowledge of geography, airlines, hubs, etc. is essential. As an engineer your goal will be to fulfill international flight requests, in support of our sales team, by piecing together custom itineraries for our clients. All engineers will pass through an extensive training program, including sales processes, effective search and service processes, and other personal and professional development practices.
● Fluency in English a must!!!!
●BS in Hospitality and Tourism, Engineering, Computer Science or other related fields is a huge plus.
● Strong knowledge of computer software, including, but not limited to gMail, Google Docs & Calendars, MS Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
● Must possess advanced knowledge of geography.
● Knowledge of airline reservation systems would be a huge plus! Worldspan, Amadeus, Sabre, and Apollo.
● Self-starter, motivated, results-oriented, and disciplined
● Positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
● Ability to work independently, think outside the box, and demonstrate strategic problem-solving skills
● Ability to work in a team environment
● Ability to coordinate and execute multiple initiatives often with conflicting deadlines.
● Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple/detail-oriented tasks.
● Negotiating skills – be able to influence and convince
● Attention to detail, accuracy, and high degree of organization
● Able to work in a fast-paced, creative and collaborative environment
● Basic math skills
● Decision making – knows what it takes to achieve goals and acts on it
● Build tailor-made itineraries according to client and sales specs. using 3rd party search tools.
● Multi-task with several local applications in building itineraries out segment by segment.
● Liaise with sales agents in building custom itineraries for clients, sometimes requiring multiple revisions.
● Communicate with various airlines to inquire on availability, favorable routes, and pricing. Remain informed on all airline rules, regulations, and current affairs.
● Creating and maintaining client reservation profiles.
● Tracking flight requests submitted by sales agents and following up to make sure flights were sold.
Bonuses up to $250/mo for exceptional work and communication