We are looking for a highly qualified C# Developer to help automate the process of mapping various fields in a database based on preset rules.
Our goal is to produce a flawless process which preps the data in each field automatically according to valid values and data requirements provided by a large 3rd party e-commerce site.
Simply put, the source database includes products with their attributes, in a format used by e-commerce site A. Site A is usually a small-private site, which is characterized by having a unique browsing and classifying structure as well as distinctive fields and values.
Site B is the destination e-commerce platform. It is usually a large globally recognized e-ecommerce site. Site B is characterized by requiring fields, valid values, browsing and classification structure which differ materially from those in Site A.
Hence, special actions must be undertaken in order to transform SITE A database to conform with SITE B structure and requirements. These actions may include parsing data, scrubbing data and data transformation, to allow the mapping of the data from its given format into the format expected by the appropriate SITE B application.
This project may require the following skills & requirements:
1) Strong capabilities in C# and related programming languages;
2) Expert understanding in Excel automation and add-ins;
3) Ability to work with API’s, fetching and uploading product feeds;
4) Ability to provide mechanisms for proper checks-and-balances (“quality control”) to audit the conversion process, validate the data and provide means for error retrieval and correction;
5) Ability to create a viable application for a windows based desktop environment;