Please do not apply unless you have 100 Plus hours on oDesk with feedback over 4.0. You will be rejected
The System Administrators role is focused on the day to day operations and maintenance of the Citrix environment and related components. The System Administrator is responsible for maintaining the Citrix related computer systems. Server management is a primary responsibility. The System Administrator would be responsible for installing, maintaining and updating servers. They are also responsible for ensuring the servers are imaged correctly, and that the server environment and data are secure from unauthorized access. System administrators will also often perform light programming (usually scripting, which involves writing programs to automate tasks).
The following activities are typical for this role:
Setup and deploy new users and the resources required for the Citrix environment.
Test, plan, and apply updates and patches as required to the Operating systems, Citrix components, and applications as required.
• Manage the use of and operations of the development and staging environment.
• Review system Event Logs on a weekly basis for errors and warnings.
• Perform EdgeSight for load testing performance baselines
• Perform administrative tasks pertaining to the end User environment , Applications, Roaming Profiles, AD policies , and Citrix policies.
• Proactively monitor the health and performance of the Citrix environment and it’s dependencies in order to maintain optimal performance and to predict a possible or imminent failure and take corrective actions when necessary.
• Perform the duties of a Helpdesk Technician should the helpdesk become overloaded and require additional temporary resources to handle the queue volume.
• Participate in the 24x7 on call group.
Required Skills and experience
Self-motivated and detail driven.
• Good Interpersonal Skills
• Technical Writing and Documentation Skills
• Advanced understanding of concepts and working knowledge pertaining to the following technologies:
Virtualization technologies ( Hyper-V, ESX, or XenServer)
• Provisioning Server
• Application Packager
• Microsoft technologies
• Administration of Active Directory 2003 or 2008
• Windows 2003 / 2008 Terminal Services
• DFS, DHCP, Clusters, SQL, & DNS
• Multi-Site deployments
• Multi-Domain Environments
• VMware technologies ESX (3, 4, or 5)
• Working with Server hardware technology:
• Dell,HP, Cisco, & IBM
• Both standard rack and blades
• Storage technologies (ISCSI, Fiber, NFS, CIFFS)
• Networking concepts (Switches, Gateways, Routers, Firewalls, VPN, VLAN)
• SOX and/or PCI compliance concepts
Additional beneficial Skills and experience
• Worked in a SOX and/or PCI compliance environment
• Citrix XenApp 5 or 6
• Citrix Provisioning
• Citrix XenServer
• VMware administration
• VMware View
• Exchange 2007/2010
• Windows 2008 Server R2
• Microsoft server 2008 clustering
• Data replication technology
• Microsoft ISA server
Core Infrastructure products:
• VMWare ESX
• ISCSI, DFS, CIFFS, Fiber
• NetApp, EMC, HP, Dell, Compellent, IBM Servers
• Blades and Rack Mounted
• IBM, HP, Dell, Cisco
• XenApp 4.5, 5 & 6
• Web Interface
• Branch Repeater / Wanscaler
• Password Manager
• Application packager
• Provisioning Server
• Active Directory, MS DNS, SQL 05/08, MS Clustering, MS DFS, MS DHCP
Skills: writing, basic, vmware, citrix, server-administration, administration, management, test, operating-systems, nfs, switches, routers