Vendor management application for a service oriented company.
The application allows to search through vendors profiles based on number of search criteria (filters) and send out job notifications by email and/or SMS to search output vendors lists.
Vendors create own profiles (contact info, references, qualification, rates, etc.) within application by themselves, they are moderated by application administrator before becoming available for any upcoming assignment.
- 5+ years of web-development experience
- Prior experience designing, implementing, and maintaining Ruby on Rails based components in a consumer facing web environment
- Ability to conceptualize and build efficient, well-organized web applications
- Familiarity with relational databases, preferably MYSQL
- Ability to rapid problem solving
- Experience with object oriented analysis and design
- Understanding of web services technologies such as HTTP and REST, S3, EC2
- Understanding of code manipulation and optimization issues
- Knowledge of design patterns, refactoring and unit testing
- Familiarity with the MVC model
- Analytical skills, communication skills, attention to details
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Candidate must be a hands-on programmer and self-starter