LightShift Video is a video production company looking for top notch people who have the ability to work directly with clients and work independently on projects. We are looking for versatile video editors who are creative yet critical thinkers. LightShift Video is expanding rapidly so if you possess ambition and the necessary skills, read on!
What we do.
The core function of our business is supporting tech companies with software tutorials, training content, and screen capture (Camtasia, Nvidia Share, Screenflow, OBS), along with app preview videos for mobile in some cases. We’ve participated in three different hackathons for Fortune 500 companies and pride ourselves in being able to boil down technical concepts and showcase them to executive leadership and their current and potential customers.
We also support tech companies from a promotional marketing aspect too, such as testimonials, editing files from multi-cam/multi-file Zoom productions, social media ads, or whatever else they need on the marketing front. Overall, we support product development, marketing, sales, and customer success teams.
Who are we looking for.
Ideally, you’re a big “techie” in your day-to-day life. We’re also looking for a creative who is in tune with corporate video work, digital assets, streaming, technology, and gear. We niche towards technology, hardware, software, and product development which means we are more about the science, practicality, and business success of the industry.
Major bonus points if you’re in the greater Austin, TX area! We could also use some videography support as the world returns back to normal and in-person work becomes marketable again.
Skills and abilities we are looking for.
*An ability to work directly with clients and self-manage projects.
*Have an office environment that is conducive to meeting via video calls with clients and other members of the team.
* Intermediate to expert level Premiere Pro experience is a MUST (ease easy keyframing, transitions, multi-cam workflows, callouts, MOGRTs, captioning tools, and the latest updates to CC 2021.) We appreciate experience with other video tools, but to be cohesive with our other editors and standards, Adobe Premiere is required.
* High level of skill in After Effects (support Premiere workflows via round tripping AE motion graphics and compositions when it makes sense.) Understand the basic workings of the software with an ability to modify templates and create basic animations. Advanced 3D work not required, although there may be some templates with 3D objects that need manipulated (much easier.)
* Good understanding of Adobe Audition (resolve audio challenges on video projects, use the AI Remix tool for timing music, compress/hard limit/normalize voiceover, edit WAV/MP3).
* Ability to record Android and iOS app screens is preferred, but not required. Sometimes we support mobile app demos.
* Some working knowledge of Photoshop is preferred, since sometimes logos and other imagery such as EPS files need to be converted to PNG, made transparent, resized, etc. to play nice with Premiere and AE.
* Creativity and a keen eye for what works in video productions. We would like to give you creative liberty to build scripts and come up with ideas on how to present a video topic with little to no direction.
* Ability to work quickly and effectively. Sometimes, we need projects done in a 1 or 2 day turnaround with short notice. We're realistic that you can't do a massive project in 1 day, but if we have a 2-3 hour project, we hope that you can turn that around in a day or two to keep our clients happy.
We will ask for all source files (as well as exported files) upon completion of each project, so you need to be comfortable with that.
Looking forward to meeting you!