We are looking for Virtual Receptionists who love to help busy professionals and small business owners succeed by connecting them with their customers.
You will be a receptionist for new customers, advocate for current customers, and personal assistant to numerous business owners and professionals.
Our starting rate is $10 per hour and is paid weekly. After a paid training period and a paid evaluation period as a freelancer, successful candidates will be offered employment and benefits through Upwork Payroll.
This role is perfect for anyone with predictable availability at home looking to make some extra income and build their skills. We are fair & friendly people and would love to find somebody who wants to grow with us and have a great time!
• Prior receptionist experience
• QUIET environment
• Good typing speed (see test link below)
• Reliable working computer setup with audio/video capability (no viruses or malware)
• No known hardware problems (e.g., unreliable connection)
• Internet connection that meets our broadband requirements (see test link below)
• At least 2 hours/day and 5 days/week minimum availability between 5am to 6pm PT / 8am to 9pm ET (10 hours/week minimum, 40 hours/week maximum)
• Provide virtual (from your home) receptionist services for professionals ranging from attorneys to IT specialists to cosmeticians
• Answer incoming calls from prospective customers, follow instructions for handling the call, document the work in call summaries, and communicate with the clients we represent
• Be in front of a computer with Google Chrome browser open during your shift, with a headset connected (wired or wireless)
• Look for opportunities to make processes more efficient for both the customer and the professional
• Work with leadership to identify areas needing attention
• Greeting & People Skills: You’re a natural conversationalist. You make small talk because you enjoy learning about people and getting to know them. You’re comfortable with yourself and with others, in the office or at a party. You can break the ice like the best of them
• Typing: You can type fast enough to take notes on the call. Not quite taking dictation, but able to document things
• Memory: You’ll have no problem typing up notes after a call and making sure no info gets lost
• Organization: You’re tidy, mentally. You’ll see familiar patterns in client calls and see ways to group them, create FAQs, daily roll-ups or summaries of issues
• Writing: Your writing is grammatically-correct, coherent, friendly, and efficient
• English (fluent)
• Huge plus: Spanish (professional working proficiency desired but not required)
• Experience working in a law firm or attorney’s office.
• Event planning for internal (important meetings) and external (DIY clinics, advice sessions) functions
• Experience in project work, such as research or writing reports. We’ll occasionally want you to go look some stuff up and get us information about it.
• Basic web skills
Please go to https://smith.ai/careers, click "apply now", and complete the application form. You will NOT be asked to work outside the Upwork platform; we only work with applicants through Upwork.
The company is founded by ex-Google and ex-Apple product designer and engineers in Palo Alto, California. We provide the most advanced software platform together with best customer support staff to make sure our business partners never miss a call from their customers. You will be part of the team that makes it happen.
Periodic raises are given based on improved performance and length of time spent with the company. We also have several bonus programs and a referral program. We invest in our team and offer support and management roles as their experience grows, and we support them in their growth towards continued education or career advancement.
Less than 30 hrs/week
More than 3 months3+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am looking for a mix of experience and value