Our company is an investment and real estate development firm that seeks to eradicate poverty profitably! That means that we travel to underdeveloped parts of the world, and invest time, energy, and capital to help those communities prosper and maximize their own potential. For us, this means a lot of travel, a lot of meetings, a lot of "thinking outside the box," and plenty of late nights.
We are very inspired and passionate about what we do, and we're seeking a smart, detail-oriented administrative assistant that is inspired by doing her/his best work in everything she/he does. Time is our most precious resource, so we're seeking someone that can free up more of our time by handling several important tasks.
Our VA will report primarily to our CEO and COO, but also be available to support our whole team (of 10 people) for occasional requests.
- Research, arrange, and book travel and hotel options
- Schedule appointments / meetings
- Maintain and update calendars in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Basic research tasks to learn about, compare, and recommend new tools and services to the CEO
- Manage and organize productivity apps (e.g. Asana)
- Place orders for business needs (supplies, food, etc.)
- Writing admin-oriented emails on behalf of the CEO, COO, and others.
KEY ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS: You could be a great fit if you are:
- A high-integrity individual. You do what you say you’ll do. Simple, but it’s the most important thing to us 😊
- Passionate and driven to do a great job in everything you do.
- Trustworthy, and understand the importance of confidentiality.
- Detail-oriented and accurate – you pay very close attention to details and double check your work before sending (“measure twice, cut once”). You should use the word hammer in your reply to this job posting so that we know you paid close attention to this posting.
- Highly organized.
- Friendly, service-oriented, and positive attitude with a good sense of humor and willingness to work hard.
- A good communicator (fluent in English – proficiency in Spanish is a bonus!)
- Ego-less: you’re willing to pitch in wherever needed
- Quick to respond: even if you can’t complete a task right away, we like to know that you’ve seen our task request, and give a quick estimate of when you expect to complete the task.
You’ll be our first VA, so you will help us learn how to make the best use of you so that we’re happy working with you, and you’re happy working with us!
- Please respond to this posting with the following:
+ Your relevant experience
+ The hours that you normally keep (do you like working late into the night? Are you an early bird?)
+ What you enjoy doing most (both in work, and for fun!)
+ What you enjoy doing least (besides taking out the trash 😉
+ How much time (hours per week) you expect to be available
+ Anything else we should know about you?
+ Extra-credit: find 3 inexpensive Airbnb options (with 4 separate beds (i.e. doesn’t just “sleep 4,” it has 4 separate beds) that are in walking distance of Grand Central Station in New York City.
- We’ll seek a quick video-chat with you to introduce ourselves, learn more about you, and start to build a working relationship.
- We are interviewing several VA’s for this position, and will be trying several out, including you, over a 3-week trial period. At the end of that period, if we’re most satisfied with your work, we’ll look increase your work load.
- Over time, as we build trust in each other, you will have the opportunity to take on more complex tasks with commensurate increases in pay.
- We are a fast-growing company, so over time, this VA job has the potential to develop into a long-term, full-time role with great career growth potential (leading teams, doing complex research, critical HR support and leadership, etc.). We would love for this relationship to bud into something long-term (and very profitable for you), but it’s OK if that’s not in your plans right now.
We look forward to your response!
Nick Jenkins | Director of Operations
Less than 30 hrs/week
More than 3 months3+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am looking for freelancers with the lowest rates