I want a simple page visualizing the density of cities vs. their size.
Data are available on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_proper_by_population_density
- deliverable will be 3 files: HTML file, JS script, JSON for the data
- x-axis should be the surface (km) of the city.
- y-axis is to be the density (/km2)
- on mouseover, a tooltip shows the [city name, country name], its surface, its population and its density. Numbers are right aligned, formatted (comma separated thousands, 1 decimal for surface, no decimal for population and density)
- size of the chart should be 900px*600px, with these size being variables so I can change it as wished.
- size, style of the cities (dots on the charts) are to be designed easily: explanation of how to style them to be provided.
http://d3js.org/ is suggested to do the job. If not to be used, DESCRIBE the framework/technology you would use instead.