My name’s Ben (I’m Charlie’s business partner, I’ll be handling the hiring for this position).
Charlie & I run a personal development YouTube channel with 76M views and 1.3M subscribers. It's called Charisma on Command.
For the right person, this is a Dream Job — and dream company.
If you are someone who…
- Wants to excel in your career and take pride in active and stimulating work
- Is looking for a shot to prove yourself
- loves the idea of helping people become their most confident selves
…this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
I am looking for a fantastic analytics person to help me better understand what is going on in our business.
I’m open to whatever tools you think we need, but please let me know what tools you would suggest AND what they cost. I’ve heard of Google Analytics, Woopra, Wicked Reports, MixPanel, Improvely, and I’m sure there are many more.
This role will start with a fairly simple/straightforward project.
If we’re successful in working together on this project, then I would love to continue to work with you and immediately get going on a second analytics project :-)
I believe there is a LOT that a smart, business savvy analytics person could do to help this business.
In terms of what we are looking for, you need to:
- Be a perfectionist. The perfect person for this role will ask questions when they don't fully understand something, and take a lot of pride in doing high quality mistake free work
- Think from a business perspective when it comes to solving problems. I have had past analytics teams deliver dashboards full of numbers that don’t really help us make business decisions. Your goal should not be “do analytics”. Your goal is “help the business operators grow the business”
- Think proactively about what analytics you could set up that would be useful and let us make smarter business decisions.
- Be a clear and capable communicator. As a company we take writing seriously. Great English and attention to detail are essential.
- Be someone we love working with! Fit comes first, above everything else for us.
If the team doesn’t like you, no matter how good you are, we don’t want to work with you.
Nearly all of our communication is written, but we’d like you to be comfortable getting on the occasional call too.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Here’s some more detail on the business that I think will be helpful in understanding the project:
The way the business works, people start on our YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/charismaoncommand and then opt in on one of these two pages https://www.charismaoncommand.com/youtube-first-impression and https://www.charismaoncommand.com/youtube-confidence
Or they find our website www.charismaoncommand.com and opt-in on the homepage, start here, or a blog post.
Once you opt-in, you are offered a $27 product on the Thank You page.
From there, they join ActiveCampaign, and are sent emails with blog posts or YouTube videos linked in them.
Our flagship program is Charisma University, and eventually we offer this via our email series as well.
We use Wordpress, Leadpages, ActiveCampaign, and SamCart. We are considering switching from Leadpages to Click Funnels in 2018.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
So here is the situation:
Every month, thousands of people opt-in to our email list.
Some fraction of them will then purchase the $27 offer they get on the Thank You page.
But there are also other offers down the line, that come via email (via ActiveCampaign), and then the customer purchases via SamCart and SamCart tags them as a buyer in ActiveCampaign. So we have data available at the SamCart and ActiveCampaign level (as well as Google Analytics).
I would like to be able to
1.) Pick a time frame, and know what the average lifetime $ value was for an email collected in that time frame.
2.) Look at a graph/chart of the average email value from each month
If 1,000 people opt-in in the month of January, and 13 of them purchase a $27 product from the Thank You page, and then later 4 of them buy a product for $597, I want to be able to know what on average an email was worth from the month of January.
Also just as a game to test your attention to detail, what would the average January email be worth in the example above? Please make this the very first thing you write in your application.
I find this is an amazing way to screen for the best candidates.
Also please include what software/solutions you think you would need in order to complete this task, what your rate would be (hourly or for the project), and how long you think it would take you.
We won’t be able to get back to everyone, but for the few we like best, we'll set up a brief call to discuss the opportunity.
Thank you for reading. Best of luck, and I look forward to hearing from you!
Less than 30 hrs/week
More than 3 months3+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am looking for a mix of experience and value