Description of the project;
To create an advanced reusable AutoComplete text box for WPF. The AutoComplete textbox would behave similarly to the AutoComplete textbox found in The WPF Toolkit. The AutoComplete textbox must be able to do the follow:
• AutoComplete TextBox is reusable like standard Control
• Behaves like WPF Toolkit AutoComplete
• Have ItemSource can be set to an ObservableCollection
• All standard TextBox properties (Font, Font size, font weight, min/max width/height etc..) are supported
• Particle multiword search regardless of word order
For example the user types in “Smi Bo” and it would return a result of “Bob Smith”
• Water mark on the textbox, that disappears when the user starts to type and reappears when the textbox is blank
• Able to completely configure each AutoComplete Textbox dropdown list with its own unique ItemTemplate like the WPF Toolkit
• Able to configure dropdown so the results are handled like DataGrid
• Able to focus directly to text of the AutoComplete
• Method for item selected from dropdown list (mouse or keyboard)
• Configurable number results displayed dropdown box
• Configurable result sort order based on a value in the ObservableCollection
• When an item is selected in the AutoComplete Textbox, the actual value in the TextBox is configured.
For example the ObservableCollection has ID and Name as properties, when record ID = “1001” Name = “Bob Smith” is selected and the dropdown is closed only the ID of 1001 is shown in the TextBox
• Configure search method;
Instead being bound to an ObservableCollection with existing data, the ObservableCollection data would be created on the fly.
The method would be called on a user pause in text (configurable)
The method would be cancelled if user starts to type again
Once the method gets results and populates the ObservableCollection, the results would be displayed in the dropdown
• A loading message/animation appears during load of search results
• A clear text button can be toggled in the TextBox
Programed in C# for WPF and able to be used in Visual Studio 2012 and higher.
A demonstration of the AutoComplete that will show how to implement and use as well as a sample program must be given.