NO AGENCIES. YOU MUST BE WORKING SOLO AND NOT WITH OTHERS. DO NOT CONTACT US OUTSIDE OF UPWORK. ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE AVAILABLE US HOURS, MON-FRI. ANY APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE IGNORED.
We are looking for a web developer who is best in their class and a jack of all trades. You not only know what it means to produce good quality work but you know the value of time spent on a project vs. the cost of the work to the client. In other words, you know the more efficient you are, the better off the company is as we aren't spending time going over and rechecking sloppy work.
We're a fast-paced medical marketing agency and we need a seasoned developer that can help with anything thrown at them. For starters you will have the following:
- At least 3 years of experience in HTML/CSS/PHP.
- At least 3 years developing on WordPress with strict adherence to WordPress codex and proper standards including child themes.
- At least 3 years of experience in MySQL database installation and management. You are comfortable with databases and how they interact with a website.
We have a high level of detail and integrity in everything we do for our clients and if you do not have the same ethics, you aren't right for our team. We're looking for a committed and long term thinking person to join our team and possibly head up our other developers.
- Excellent English communication skills
- Availability during USA working hours for communication in Slack Messaging
- Ability to quality check your own work against task requirements (VERY IMPORTANT)
- Ability to write clean code with little supervision
- Extremely detail oriented
- Some knowledge of SEO/SEM as it related to website development
Skill Set Needed
- At least 3 years' experience in PHP
- At least 3 years' experience in WordPress development
- At least 3 years' experience in MySQL
- Strong HTML/CSS
- Can provide documentation including a clear outline regarding file updates (add/change/delete) when required
We work with a variety of clients, mostly in the health sector and mainly within WordPress. You must have command over PSD to HTML conversion, creating WordPress themes and custom PHP coding. Tasks range from simple website updates to creating new pages or even chopping PSD's and building out a full website. We work ongoing with all our sites to ensure they are running optimally.
Once we narrow down to a few candidates you will be asked to present references of people who can testify to your coding skills, communication skills, and quality control efforts. You will also be given a short test to see how well you can follow instructions and write clean code.
Less than 30 hrs/week
More than 3 months3+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am looking for freelancers with the lowest rates