This project is to develop a web form to add to our web site allowing us to recruit volunteers and develop a simple database to handle the associated volunteer data and reporting.
A Google Spreadsheet lays out examples of the form, reporting and data tables. It can be found here:
The Project will consist of the following (corresponds to the Google spreadsheet page tabs):
+ Volunteer Input Form to include in our web site. This form will collect volunteer name, contact information and which volunteer positions (like job assignment) they're signing up for. The page is not restricted; there is no passwords.
+ Volunteers - a data base of info collected from the Volunteer Input Form.
+ Positions is a list of all the volunteer positions, assignment date, time, location, number of volunteers needed, etc. This includes volunteers and their associated managers.
+ Reports/emails - A means to automatically generate emails to remind volunteers of their position(s). Automatically generated reports summarizing the status of volunteer recruiting.
+ A download tool to export all volunteer data (name, contact, position, etc)
A couple key points:
* We want to keep this simple....however, the volunteer Input form must look professional.
* The Volunteer Input Form will be a page in our web site hosted by GoDaddy.com
* The Volunteer Input Form should only show UNFILLED positions (or it may show 'Filled" next to those with enough volunteers).
* The database must run on GoDaddy's standard systems (PHP/SQL??)
* We will need a means to edit and delete Volunteers (this does not need to be fancy, but must be functional)
* We will need a means to edit, delete and add Positions (this does not need to be fancy, but must be functional)
* Project needs to be complete one week after assignment.
* Conceptually, this is similar to a college that needs to fill seats (positions) with students (volunteers) and we can not fill more seats than are available (unfilled positions).
* Total volunteers will be approximately 400; almost all of the positions are listed (it's not a huge database with low activity levels).
Regarding your proposal:
+ DO NOT REPEAT the above information in a proposal.
+ DO provide examples of similar work with references - this is important.
+ PLEASE DO ask questions before preparing a proposal - this is important!!
Thanks for your interest.