*** Web & Mobile Web Designer - HTML/CSS/PHP/jQuery (Toronto, Canada)
OVERVIEW OF THE JOB
We are looking for a highly experienced Front-End Developer / Designer
HTML that is compatible with all modern web & mobile browsers.
You will be working with small static pages and all the way to massive projects like e-commerce and beyond. Your primary focus will be on building websites and landing pages for various offers and products from our clients.
Be prepared not only to execute on existing design patterns and code,
but also to think where and how the web & mobile will look in 2013 and beyond.
Results of your work will directly impact thousands of users around the world.
- Be highly visual person as well as quality-oriented
- Write cross browser code for modern browsers
- Be able to create wireframes, mock interactions and explain UX before starting to code
- Strong sense of style, design, usability
- HTML/XHTML — cross-browser and media-queries
- CSS — including all CSS3
- jQuery and jQuery UI knowlegde
- Strong skill in optimizations — shorthand code and minimization
- Ability to use Photoshop and optimize graphics for use on the web
- Strong knowledge of analytics and A/B & multivariate testing and landing page optimization
Passionate about what you create — you do it exceptionally well & care deeply about your work
We are a direct response marketing company based in Toronto, Canada, and we are looking for people who are ready to join the team to build the next
generation of our marketing campaigns. We are in search of passionate,intelligent members who are striving for excellence in everything they
do. If you are interested in joining , apply today!
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the following:
1. Send your existing portfolio and references.
2. Technical test.
-- create a one-page website for an insurance company, with a lead capture form (10 fields: name, email, basic contact info, etc.). Code it up. Explain UI/UX choices.
-- Create a mobile-optimized version of the insurance website above. (***Alternatively, you can create just one website for both desktop and mobile, utilizing responsive design)
-- Create a 300x250 web banner to promote the website above
-- Create a 300x50 mobile banner to promote the website above
If you feel like this test will take a considerable amount of time, please let us know and we can negotiate a flat-fee reimbursement for taking the test
3. Advanced test (optional) - select one of the options below:
-- Create a restaurant web-site with 2 pages (menu and location) in HTML5, utilizing only icons, CSS3, animations. Focus on making it unusual. Explain UI/UX choices.
-- Create a working wristwatch using only HTML5, CSS3. Explain the thinking process.
Send technical test in reply to this email.
Please note: we will not be using your technical test in our development.
If you think it will take you a considerable amount of time, we can negotiate compensation for it via a fixed-price odesk job.
Making great experience is hard, and we are looking for experienced
front-end developers who can do that.
This is a full-time and long-term position.
Skills: graphics, design, shorthand, marketing, banner, test