SAM Auction Software is a San Francisco auction software company with a startup vibe. Clients include auctioneers, industry portals and retailers
SAM Auction Software is recruiting an experienced Web Software Quality Assurance (QA)
The ideal candidate will have a clear understanding of web based software quality assurance processes, technologies, and tools, as well as experience testing web based software across browsers and devices for performance as well as functionality.
Areas of Responsibility
- Proactively create and execute test plans and test cases across browsers and devices for the applications in our portfolio.
- Provide guidance on QA best practices, processes, technologies, and improvements, including a reassessment of existing procedures.
- Create, maintain, and execute performance and load tests and report periodically.
- Create and maintain a change log of the application.
- Work closely with our software development team on technical issues.
- Take committed and proactive ownership of and responsibility for the application’s functional and visual quality.
- 4+ years experience testing web based applications for performance as well as functionality in a cross-browser and cross-device environment.
- In-depth experience with at least one performance testing tool.
- Experience writing detailed test plans and test cases for software applications.
- Minimum 4 hour overlap with our regular business hours (9am - 5pm Pacific Time , GMT - 7/8)
- Experience working in an Agile environment is a plus.
- Experience with auction software or at least one e-commerce platform
- Comfort working in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to Have
- SQL database knowledge desired.
- PHP knowledge desired.