I'm looking for an experienced full-stack developer to build my photography/travel website from scratch. It's a platform for photographers and travelers to share and find beautiful places around the world.
Here are the main general features:
- Anyone can create an account, but only users with invitation codes can post photos.
- Users with access to the posting feature can post high-resolution photos, and each photo must contain a set of useful information.
- All users can follow each others, like photos, comment, send stickers/shoutouts to each other, and bookmark photos into multiple folders.
- There are sections for featured destinations (e.g., "Best Beaches in Northern California")
- Responsive. Mobile web experience must be as great as possible.
- Messaging & blogging (for users) features are lower priorities. These features can be implemented in later versions if it's too much for this round.
- Admin tool. Select top rated photos, filtering, sorting, approve/reject users, blogging (for admin) etc.
My current priority is hiring a full-stack developer. If you're a great engineer, don't worry about design, just do what you do best, I'll get you awesome designs to work with. However, I noticed that some folks/teams on here offer an array of full services, so *if* it applies to you, I'd like to get separate quotes for the following scenarios:
1) DESIGN & ENGINEERING: The complete package. Take my ideas above and build everything.
2) DESIGN ONLY: Work with me to design it. The deliverables should be ready for the engineer to clearly follow and implement.
3) ENGINEERING ONLY: Design is done or mostly done by someone else. Only engineering is needed to bring the design to life.
What about maintenance? Will you be there to fix bugs or when something breaks? How about making revisions?
NOTE: Organization is extremely important for both design and engineering. You must be able to identify and reuse components/elements. Design & code it efficiently and make it as neat as possible so that other designers and engineers who come in after you don't have to pull their hairs in agony. If you have a proposal on how you plan to build this, I'd love to hear it. Engineers, please feel free to go into details on how you plan to code it up (frameworks, languages, front-end/backend, etc). We can discuss more on the details and come up with a realistic timeline. Quality is important so I don't want to rush you, but at the same time, I don't want things to drag on. I'm looking for fixed-price quotes.
There are more projects after this one. I hope to find the right people and establish a solid relationship for future projects if possible. Even for this project alone, there are more features to be added if this kicks off well. Please note that I'm still shopping around and will take some time to choose the best offer and most affordable candidate(s). Thank you in advance for your time. I look forward to working with you soon.
I'm receiving a lot of proposals, which I really appreciate. I want to take time to review each one thoroughly so it will take me some time to get back to you. Thank you for your patience.
I am looking for freelancers with the lowest rates