Why should we choose you to write a white paper proposal and potentially a white paper?
After hiring, you will be required to write a 1-page proposal for an original research white paper discussing affluent and high net worth female investors in Canada. Women writers only, preferably based in Canada, but with a minimum of expertise in two of the following: finance, investment banking, capital markets, retail wealth management, insurance, financial management, financial planning.
If chosen based on your UpWork proposal, you will need to provide the following sections in the white paper proposal (DO NOT provide the below in your UpWork proposal):
1. White paper cost – based on the expectations below, outline the total cost to produce a white paper
2. Abstract Summary – a brief summary that quickly helps a reader ascertain the purpose and focus of the paper
3. Central Thesis/Focus – supply one paragraph that outlines your focus on the topic. It should offer a depth of knowledge around the current issues around female investors, challenges in servicing them and differences between male and female investors.
4. Explanation – explain why your specific topic should be discussed above other major topics concerning women investors in Canada.
5. White Paper Outline – outline with 1 paragraph, each of your major sections within the proposed white paper, along with 1-2 sources to support your arguments
6. Literary review – outline sources you expect to use to produce the white paper
7. Education/Experience – outline your specific education/experience in relation to the finance industry (include a CV/Resume, optional).
White paper expectations, should your white paper proposal be chosen:
Should you be chosen to write the white paper it must conform to the following:
1. CP Style & a house style (CP is based on Chicago Manual of Style)
2. Footnotes in CP/Chicago style must be used to cite all necessary quotes, figures or ideas not in the public realm of knowledge
3. It must be at least 1800 words and no more than 4000 words.
4. Include a Table of Contents
5. Include 3-5 graphical elements – charts, illustrative pictures, tables or graphs
6. Any figures, charts or tables used, must be provided under a free copyright license
7. Milestones will be set up as 50% upon receipt of 1st draft, 50% upon approval of final draft after revisions. First milestone will be funded immediately, and the second milestone will be funded as soon as rough draft is received (UpWork does not allow more than 1 funded milestone per freelancer). Minimum 3 rounds of revisions potentially requested.
8. 1st draft must be provided within 2 calendar weeks of funding of first milestone.
9. Adhere to a tone/branding document provided upon hiring.
10. Full copyright and ownership rights to the material will be passed to SMS’ client upon full payment. The document may not be used in any other proposals as an example of work; posted to any online forum, website or platform; emailed or distributed in any manner for any purpose.
March 17, 2018
I am looking for a mix of experience and value