I have a book of 88,850 words in WinWord that I need converted to InDesign.
Aside from the regular text, these are the complications that you will need to deal with:
1. The text contains several tables (the end table is rather complicated because it will span on both left and right page)
2. Many paragraphs end with a reference that looks like this [], or [[2, 5]]. These need to be replaced with images (numbered accordingly) at the margin. Images are large and need to be scaled down and positioned properly.
3. On top of regular text, there are many paragraphs that are to be enclosed in boxes.
4. Your InDesign file should be capable of being used in print or exported to ebook formats.
To bid for this job, you must:
1. Post the following message together with your bid:
I, <your name> of <your address>, in exchange for the opportunity to be selected to provide print design services to Andrei Mincov, hereby undertake never to disclose confidential information that I may receive in connection with my provision of services, and agree to assign and hereby assign to Mincov Law Corporation ownership of any intellectual property rights that may subsist in the work product that I may create as a result of providing the services.
2. Create and post InDesign file for a 3-page sample attached to this post.
The requirement for formatting:
0. The size of the book is 6 x 9 inches.
1. Left page header: Name of the book: "The Ultimate Insider's Guide to Intellectual Property" aligned to the left. Not sure about the font.
2. Right page header: Section name aligned to the right. Not sure about the font.
3. Page numbers bottom of the page, aligned to the corner of the page. PT SANS in small font.
4. Main character font: Minion
5. Headings: BOLD UPPERCASE PT SANS. (This may change for the actual book).
5. Box character font: PT SANS (This may change for the actual book).
6. Outer margin of the text should have a vertical black dotted line (dots should be about half the size of a small 'o'). Leave enough space after the margin to fit the lightbulbs. This line should go across the entire page, including the text boxes.
7. Place the lightbulbs with corresponding reference numbers outside the dotted line. The top of the lighbulb should be aligned to the top of the paragraph. For example, if you see [[2, 4]] at the end of the paragraph, delete [[2, 4]] and place the lightbulb image that has 2, 4 in it to the margin.
8. Body text should be justified
Don't send me your resume and past projects. I'm only interested if you can get THIS job done properly. And I will only judge it by looking at how you followed the directions above.