I hired a programmer from oDesk to install a MEMBERSHIP plugin on our website and it went terribly wrong. I normally would not go back to the well a second time, but I have hired a lot of great talent here, so I'm looking for someone to help me out ASAP. This project was due last week and because of this problem with the programmer, we are behind schedule and the heat is on.
We are looking to install a membership module on our site that will allow registered members to view protected interior pages. It's as simple as that (at least from my perspective). We would also love the help to install our discussion board plugin, but this is secondary to getting our membership site up and running.
If you go to www.IMDB.com you will see the functionality that we would like.
2. Users will be sent to a registration page to register for the site. On this page, they will create a username, give us their first and last name and most importantly a functional email.
3. The user will not have access to the site until their email is verified and a link within the email is activated.
4. Once the user has verified their account, they can access ALL pages on our website.
5. When the user is logged on, it will show their username next to "register" and "support" in the upper right, so the user knows they are logged on. Alternatively, that same area will offer a log out option.
6. All registration and signing in will happen within our website. There will be no word press branding anywhere.
7. Eventually will offer a paid subscription to our site, so we'd like to have that option down the line, but right now it's FREE TO JOIN.
8. The email database is the MOST important here, so it needs to be easy for us to download (export/import) user information.
9. Users who try to access a page without registering will land on a NO ACCESS page and be prompted to register for access.
10. (Discussion Board): I would like this to be skinned to look like its a part of our website. A lot of these plugins have some ugly skins that are distracting and would like the look/feel of our site to remain in tact.
Thank you for looking! And thank you for your help.
YOU MUST SPEAK AND UNDERSTAND ENGLISH. PEOPLE WHO DO NOT WORK FAST NEED NOT APPLY. COMMUNICATION IS A MUST.
Skills: systems-programming, import, english