We are looking for a long-term, part-time, talented, hard-working, reliable, attentive, punctual WordPress website designer/developer to help us customize, maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade a growing network of company-owned and client sites.
This particular job is a one-time, paid "trial" that will give you and us a good idea if we might be a fit for a long term, mutually beneficial relationship.
- Own your own dual core or better computer with reliable DSL or faster connection and good quality headset
- Have or set up a Skype or Google+ account for voice IM
- Be very strong in basic WordPress development and management, including setting up, troubleshooting, and maintaining MySQL databases, plugins, themes, and CSS3, PHP, and HTML5 files and pages
- Be familiar with how to use cPanel
- Be familiar with the basic features and implementation of iThemes Builder framework for Wordpress
- Be familiar with implementation of on-site SEO and configuration
- Be competent and efficient with web development processes such as FTP, code customization in HTML & CSS3
- Be competent and efficient with web/graphic design processes and tools such as Adobe Photoshop, wireframing, and sprites
- Have a background in creating visually pleasing, clean, functional WordPress designs, including layouts, headers, footers, widgets, etc.
- Have strong experience coding WordPress according to wordpress.org best practices
- Be available for communication during my business hours, Monday - Friday 6am - 4pm USA PST (UTC -8)
- Are expert in iThemes Builder 4.0+ and understand how to implement and troubleshoot its responsive features, flexible layouts
- Are expert in customizing, optimizing, and troubleshooting free and premium plugins in the Builder environment
- Have strong experience writing class-based plugins
- Are expert at writing or customizing jQuery, PHP, and AJAX plugins and scripts
- Have at least basic familiarity with the iThemes PluginBuddy and DisplayBuddy suites of plugins
This "Trial" Project:
For this project, you will design an attractive, clean, masculine, SIMPLE website design in Photoshop for a Builder responsive development site that already exists. Upon approval of the design, you will convert the PSD to HTML5 and CSS3 and apply the graphic elements and code to the development site.
The design will involve three basic layouts that may include elements including an image header, responsive sliders, images and video, live Google maps, social media elements, testimonials and other widgetized content, and a footer.
The three basic layouts must maintain visual integrity at the various break widths, like desktop, tablet landscape and portrait, and smartphone landscape and portrait.
Although there will be three permanent layouts, bear in mind that Builder can build new custom layouts on the fly, so the layouts must be designed so that individual page elements (nav menu, slider, widget bar, etc.) can be rearranged without breaking the design.
Long Term Responsibilities:
- Graphic design of custom Builder responsive themes per requirements
- Install, backup, restore and migrate databases and sites using iThemes BackupBuddy
- Install and configure free and premium plugins
- Update, troubleshoot, and delete plugins, themes, and WordPress core files
- Design custom plugins and themes
- Manage integrated social media and commenting plugins
- Manage website security
- Create and manage new cPanel accounts within our reseller accounts
- Setup, manage and maintain virtual servers
- Communicate with other team members who develop or manage content
- And more, as our needs and your increased skill set dictate
Various tasks and projects will be paid by the hour or the project as needs dictate.
As our company becomes more successful, so will you. We will hire you for more and bigger projects at higher rates as we increase the number and size of our clients and the products and services we provide them.
It won't ever get boring! ;-)
If you feel you have the current capabilities and potential for future growth that this position entails, we invite you to apply!
Please include the word "dragonstar" without the quotes in the Subject line or first line of your response so that we know that you read this description fully. Applications that do not follow this rule will be immediately dismissed.
Upon completion of this step, we will forward you all the details of the project so that you can provide us an accurate estimate of the time you will require.
We look forward to talking with you!
Skills: management, troubleshooting, design, video