We are looking for an experienced WordPress/WooCommerce developer to assist in building an ecommerce website for a global client. You will work with our digital director to coordinate all development tasks.
You will be responsible for both frontend design, leveraging a Jupiter theme template, as well as backend development.
The project entails customizing an existing WordPress/WooCommerce install we will duplicate for this site. The site will offer “Made-to-Order” branded merchandise items which users will be able to order on the site. Since these made-to-order items will have specific decoration instructions which will not be captures on the site, we will not have final pricing and will be finalizing the order offline with the customer. This means no payments will be required at checkout, only the ability to enter a purchase order #.
Closed site access
- Custom login page
- Only registered users will have access to the site.
- Site landing page should be a clean login form, with a link to register.
- Double opt in; user must verify email address. Messaging to inform user to confirm email address, include message to check spam/junk folder.
- Only email addresses from specific domains can register. Others will be given error message about invalid domain. Valid domain names will be given soon.
- PW must be reset every 90 days
Site Header links
- Products – dropdown of product categories
- 24 Hour Rush
- Support – link to support page
- Contact – link to contact page
- Site will be populated with close to 1000 products, including colors/sizes, from several suppliers. We will send you the product CSV files from each supplier.
- Many of the products will have multiple color options, and multiple color options which can affect pricing. You may need to modify the CSV files for successful import in to WP with correct attributes and pricing.
- Each product will have a specific minimum order quantity (MOQ). The quantity must be met to be able to order the item.
- Custom messaging needed on product page, under pricing
- Some items require a setup charge; this will be an additional line item in the cart for $x which directly linked to an item. If the item is removed from the cart, it’s setup charge should also be removed. User should not be able to remove the setup charge alone. Setup charge amounts will be in the product CSV files.
- Some items which require a setup charge and we will not know the cost yet. In these cases, setup should still be added to the cart as TBD.
- Product Filters will be needed for “24 Hour Rush” and “Sustainable” items. They will also be top level categories in the main menu.
- Billing Address
- Shipping Address
- Payment Details – PO Only
- Tax – add tax as TBD
- Shipping – add shipping as TBD
- Custom Messaging on Checkout page, Thank you page, and email confirmation
Plugins – this is a list of plugins we currently use on some of our other sites. We want your insight and recommendation(s) on using alternate plugins or not using a plugin at all for the given functionality.
- Admin Custom Login – Customize the login page
- Adminimize – Customize view/permissions per user roll. Allows us to grant our client access to only certain sections of the admin
- Checkout Address Autocomplete for WooCommerce – Simplifies checkout process for customers
- Members – Allows for closed site access
- Ninja Forms – Handles form creation and submissions
- Peter's Login Redirect – Redirect user to login page after logging out
- Purchase Order WooCommerce Addon – Allow for checkout with PO
- WooCommerce - Ecommerce platform
- Woo Orders Date Range Filter – Allows admins to search orders by date range
- WooCommerce Email Customizer – Allows customization of transactional emails
- WP SES – Enable email sending via Amazon SES
- WPBakery Page Builder – Page building tool
I am looking for a mix of experience and value