I have a very complex WordPress site that is on WP 3.1 and need updating. You can find it at www.adviservoice.com.au
We also need to move it to another server (from the US to Australia).
Key things to note that are not standard:
1) The registration process uses the SABRE plugin
2) The use of the WPSQT plugin for quizzes on individual articles, but is required to force login (the plugin does not do this)
3) The /forum/ uses BBPress
4) The news ticker is a modified version of the News Ticker plugin
5) The calendar /event/ uses a calendar plugin
Note that much of the site is built in 3.1 fashion, and does not use many of the newer conveniences of 3.4
Some of the work has been done and the current contractor has not been able to complete the work.
The remaining items are:
- Transfer of data to ensure no stories, comments, user info etc is lost
- Fix of conflict between WPQST and news ticker plugin, or remove news ticker for the moment by putting in a slim grey line
- Ensure upgrade to news ticker does not change styling of widgets
- Change to WPQST to force login as current live site, use method to allow this function to not break upon update.
- Ensure Forum works on new server
One final complication is that the old site is so old that WPQST have done a complete database structure change and the data does not migrate with the upgrade. Thus we manually reentered all of the surveys to the new server. You must protect this data and migrate it into the new site.
Final migration of complete set of files from live (uploads, plugins and code) on day of server move and DNS change
I will provide you with:
- As many notes as I can on what work has been done, and access to the new server that has some of the work done. You should start work at this point.
- Access to GitHub to commit your work
- support to answer any questions you have
If you PM me I will show you the temporary site for your reference.
This project has been going on for some time and now needs to be efficiently completed. The successful candidate will also get some ongoing work to do maintenance tasks and fix up some legacy 3.1 code.
- Provide me with reference to the most complex wordpress site you have worked on
- tell me about the involvement you had on this site
- tell me the name of your pet cat
- your required hourly rate
- your estimated time for completion
Please note that stock marketing responses / applications will be ignored - I need a developer that is attentive and available to put in 100% to get this done in the shortest time possible.