Thank you for taking a look at my job posting. I look forward to reviewing everyone's bids.
To create an app for personal use that will automatically export Google weekly schedule/calendar into a PDF and/or gDoc file with the appropriate margins so it can be printed. This document will also have a second page which I intend on printing on the back of the weekly calendar.
- Create an app that will easily export my Google calendar so it can be printed
- It will be similar to www.printmycal.com.
Please see the attached image named 'Weekly View Calendar.' This is essentially how I will want the final document to look like. (Please note that I placed the yellow dashed line only to show where the middle of the page is. I don't want this visible on the final document.)
This app will need to create 8 columns of equal size in a landscape layout. 7 of the columns will be for the days of the week. The 8th one will be blank. By having the sheet divided into an even number of columns, I will be able to fold the sheet in half multiple times and have the fold in between two days every time. (The reason for folding it is so I can make it smaller and fit it in my pocket).
The other attached image is what I want the second page to look like. Ideally, this will be editable somehow. Either the app will allow me to upload the second page as a Word doc or gDoc which will allow me to edit it so it will look the way I want, or, I will be able to edit it in the app. (I believe the first option to be more cost effective.)
The fee is only used as a placeholder right now. I am open to changing the amount to be paid. That being said, this is a fairly easy project for someone with the necessary skill set. Especially, since we have an existing program that we can model.
Unfortunately, Google calendar doesn’t have the capability to print the weekly calendar and have it fit properly on a page while showing all 24 hours of the day. (Please see the attachments titled test, test2, test3 to see what I mean.) I need a program that quickly and easily exports the weekly calendar landscape mode while displaying all 24 hours of the day.
Right now, I’m taking a screenshot and printing it. It’s very cumbersome and time consuming.
This will be used for planning my week and is intended for personal use.
- www,printmycal.com as an example to follow.
- Very quick and easy to use ‘app,’ either embedded on the web, an API or a downloadable program
- I want to print out the week view of google calendar and have it on a piece of paper.
- I’d like to have the ability to print the various ‘views’ available in Google Calendar, e.g. day, week, month, etc. - however, weekly calendar is the most important right now
- I want the weekly calendar to fill the entire page.
- I want it to show all the hours of the day as well as scheduled events
- If displaying all of the hours of the day means they font will be too small, we may be able to abbreviate the scheduled sleep hours. So instead of showing all the hours of sleep, have it just have it display Sleep 10pm-5am, or whatever the times are. That will save it from displaying about 33% of the hours, leaving more room for waking activities.
- I want it to have all of the features of www.printmycal.com, as well as any other useful ones we can think of.
- Include the ability to create a vertical line that runs down the center of each day, dividing it into vertical halves (see vertical lines dividing days in half in the attached Weekly Calendar image).
In your reply/application please include:
1. Confirmation that you possess the necessary skills to easily and quickly create what is outlined in the job description.
2. Ideally, links to examples of your work that are similar to the requirements in this job.
3. Any questions you have about the project that shows me you've seriously thought about this project.
4. Let me know what color the sky is, just so I know this is not one of those typical batch reply applications. I want to work with someone who has attention to detail and wants a long term relationship.
5. How long you expect it to take you to complete this task.
6. Any questions you think I should have asked along with what you believe the answers should be.
7. Your price must be a part of your bid unless you have a question that needs to be answered first. In other words, please do not try to set the price through the PM system.
8. Confirmation that you will sign a Work For Hire Agreement.
Thank you and good luck!
I am willing to pay higher rates for the most experienced freelancers