Only freelancers located in the U.S. may apply.U.S. located freelancers only
Needs to hire 2 Freelancers
We are a marketing agency working with law firms. We are looking for a writer to take on ongoing assignments as part of our writing team.
As a writer, you will work directly with our Content Manager, other members of our writing team and clients to understand what content our clients need for their marketing campaigns, and ensure that we deliver the highest quality written materials to our clients.
This position involves:
- Understanding the client’s overall marketing strategy so your written materials are on-point
- Working directly with clients to understand their legal practice areas, and their ideal clients
- Researching before writing
- Peer-reviewing materials from other members of the writing team
All the content you produce must be:
- Written in US English using AP Style with no grammatical errors
- 100% original – will be checked through Copyscape
- Engaging and informative with an end goal of conversion
- Effectively communicate complex legal topics in an easy-to-understand way
- You are a US-based, native American-English speaker
- You are available for calls with our writing team and clients during business hours Pacific Time
- You have a college or advanced degree, and experience creating/managing written content (e.g., editorial, journalistic, copywriting). If you have a law degree, even better!
- You’re organized, and like staying organized. If something isn’t organized, you look for a way to systematize it.
- You must be detail-oriented, and able to follow our processes and deadlines to ensure a gold-standard experience for our customers.
- You don’t take things personally, or get offended easily, when getting feedback. Rather, you use it as an opportunity to learn and do better.
- You’re comfortable motivating yourself to get things done. Our culture is that we expect everyone to manage themselves (with appropriate guidance and full information). We don’t micro-manage. This means that self motivated people thrive, and people who want to coast won’t last long.
- You expect excellence of yourself and of other team members.
- You’re curious, like the idea of stretching a little, and love to learn.
Please start your cover letter by answering the two questions below:
1. Describe one thing you've taught yourself within the last 12 months. Why did you choose to learn it?
2. Describe the worst experience you ever had working with a writing client. How did you handle it?
Less than 30 hrs/week
More than 3 months3+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am looking for a mix of experience and value