If you have NodeJS experience and are familiar with database administration this may be a gig for you!
We are looking for a hungry and talented developer who can help us finish a project near completion and perhaps be open to future projects.
The purpose of this project is to pull social network and analytics information for a client and store it in a database where it can then be queried and reported through Tableau.
The project is written as a series of Node.js scripts, which are designed to be ran on a daily basis, so that they can pull up-to-date information every day and save it in the database. The database is a Microsoft SQL server instance running in Azure. We are using Knex and Bookshelf, which allow the application to connect to virtually any SQL database. For communicating with the social/analytics APIs, we are using a variety of NPM packages.
The Node.js scripts are configured using dotenv. Create a .env file similar to the one below in the root of the project folder to configure options for the scripts. Note: some scripts have not been set up to pull their data from .env files due to time constraints.
The following items are still pending completion…
1) Scripts need to be enhanced so that they can be ran on a daily schedule, allowing them to keep the database up to date.
2) Scripts need to implement OAuth 2.0 flow on a case-by-case basis for the services they communicate with to prevent issues with expired tokens
3) Facebook organic analytics script needs to be extended to include post insight information. (Please speak with Brandon for more information)
Technical debt / notes
These scripts will eventually function as part of a larger system, and serve multiple clients.
Technical Experience Required:
* Knowledge of setting up scheduled tasks on a server
* Knowledge of social network API integration, especially OAuth flows
* Knowledge about SQL and working with a SQL database, notably Microsoft SQL Server
Less than 30 hrs/week
Less than 1 month< 1 monthProject LengthDuration
I am looking for a mix of experience and value