I am seeking a video editor to do some basic editing on a series of videos to be posted on Vimeo.
As part of my member's program, I offer monthly "special events" which typically consist of 6-8 videos of 5-12 minutes in length.
Right now there are five sets of special event videos that need to be edited/processed; each set usually has 6-8 videos that (all together) are about an hour in length. (There are more videos coming as I shoot them.)
The videos are kept in a dropbox folder that is about ~5gb; if that is a problem for you, please do not apply for this job.
I do expect that you can do basic operations like clipping a video segment out of one file and inserting into another.
The editing process involves:
1) chopping off the beginning where I'm setting up before I start the presentation, and replacing it with an intro video clip (to be provided)
2) chopping off the end after I finish, and replacing it with an outro video clip (to be provided)
3) running filters to improve the visual quality
4) performing basic and obvious edits; I generally stop and reshoot from the beginning if there is an obvious problem like a loud background noise or if I lose my place on the teleprompter, and I try to keep the audio levels, lights, etc. consistent, but there may be blank space around the frame or other issues that can be easily fixed with editing.
5) please check that the audio level on the intro/outro/main video are consistent
I'm not looking for anything fancy, but you do need to review the videos to ensure that there are no obvious or major problems. Most videos won't require much editing beyond the beginning/end/filters; If necessary, I can re-shoot any videos with major errors like missing audio, or things that will be too difficult to fix with editing.
I'm happy to provide samples of finished videos as well as the raw videos so you can see what needs to be done.
I am setting this up as a fixed price project, where each milestone will involve editing one series (each series usually includes 6-8 videos, averaging 8-10 minutes each.)
Less than 30 hrs/week
More than 3 months3+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am looking for a mix of experience and value