Don't even bother applying unless you:
1. Have already done covers (I will want to look at work previously done) and understand the needs.
2. You have a portfolio that includes covers.
3. Can take instruction well (this is very important, I don't like having to repeat myself).
4. Are a self directed worker (I won't babysit you)
5. Are unable to provide original work (I don't mind paying for and using stock images from Shutterstock but can't have people using images that are out on the web. In saying this I don't want to be buying stock images all the time either (that's why I am hiring you. Any such use will get a cancelled contract and bad reference from me ... you have been warned!
6. are able to work without padding the hours (I have seen this will not put up with it, see cancelled contract for my response to this issues). I do look through the work logs on a regular basis. I would also note that I do not like it when there are an excessive amount of manual hours billed to my project.
This is an on going position, that does not mean that i will always have work for you, but I will on a regular bases. I am looking for professional quality (like you would see at a Random house or the like) job. I will hand you a document that has a synopsis and general overview of the ebook and will expect you to come up with two or three "concept" covers for each book that I can do back to the client with.