We are an established provider of managed database infrastructure services as well as Big Data solutions. We are growing rapidly and currently have an opening for a Senior Microsoft SQL Server DBA.
In this role, you will be providing proactive database administration and production environment support for multiple Microsoft SQL Server database environments. The environments will range in complexity from environments with legacy standalone instances all the way to large-scale enterprise environments with advanced cluster configurations hosting multi-terabyte VLDBs.
• Experience administering complex (enterprise-level) SQL Server environments
• Experience with 24x7 production support
• Experience with all versions of SQL Server from legacy SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2016
• Experience with Windows administration
• Experience with a wide variety of hardware configurations (RAID, SAN, etc.)
Required SQL Server Skills
• Core database administration skills (day-to-day administration, configuration)
• Full understanding of SQL Server internals
• SQL Server DMVs
• Expert-level performance troubleshooting skills (Perfmon, Profiler, wait stats, memory pressure analysis, etc.)
• Expert-level execution plan analysis and query tuning
• Log shipping, replication, mirroring and AlwaysOn Availability Groups
• SQL Server cluster installation and administration
• SQL Server monitoring scripts/tools/performance baselining
• Experience with SSRS and SSIS
• Advanced T-SQL scripting skills
• Advanced SQL Server topics (e.g. Service Broker, Event Notification)
This is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned Senior SQL Server DBA to work on some very interesting and challenging SQL Server environments remotely.
More than 30 hrs/week
More than 3 months3+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am looking for a mix of experience and value