To provide knowledge and understanding of renewable energy technologies and their design integration within the built environment.
Details of buildings (including photos, drawings and an energy report) are given and you are asked to carry out a feasibility study of possible inclusion of building-integrated renewable energy technologies into the CIBSE buildings.
Submit a report to the owner of CIBSE buildings who has retained them to provide solutions to their energy consumption and associated CO2 emissions problem. The report have to be good in:
clarity of your presentation.
the logic underlying the justifications of renewable energy solutions
the accuracy of your calculations and the quality of your discussion and conclusions.
This report should not run to more than about 8 pages (maximum 2500 words, 1.5 line spacing - to include everything such design diagrams, table of contents, reference list).
Additional material in the form of calculations or information for the CIBSE buildings and/or selected renewable energy technologies can be appended. The report should also include a title page, an executive summary and should be bound securely.
INDICATIVE READING LIST:
1. Renewable Energy Technologies Booklets (Part 1 & 2) & MSc Lecture notes.
2. Boyle, Godfrey, Renewable Energy: Power for a Sustainable Future, 3rd Ed. Oxford University Press, 2012.
3. Duffie, John A. and William A. Beckman, Solar Engineering of Thermal Processes, 4th Ed. Wiley, 2013.
4. McEvoy, A., T. Markvart and L. Castaner, Practical Handbook of Photovoltaics: Fundamentals and Applications, 2nd Ed. Elsevier, 2012.
5. James F. Manwell, Jon G. McGowan, Anthony L. Rogers, Wind Energy Explained: Theory, Design and Application. 2nd Ed Wiley 2009,
6. Twidell, J., and T. Weir, Renewable Energy Resources, 3rd Ed. Taylor & Francis, 2015.
7. Tester, Jefferson W., Elisabeth M. Drake, Michael J. Driscoll, Michael W. Golay and William A. Peters,
Sustainable Energy: Choosing Among Options, 2nd Ed. MIT Press, 2012.
8. Peter F. Smith, Sustainability at the Cutting Edge: Emerging Technologies for Low Energy Buildings.
deadline: 26th Feb 2018
March 19, 2018
I am willing to pay higher rates for the most experienced freelancers