Things I'll need in my VA:
• - You've gotta be creative & questioning. If you think of a better way to do something, tell me why your's is better and mine is stupid! Not sure about a step? Ask me immediately. Or, even better, figure it out and then email me your solution for confirmation. If I'm not getting questions about tasks I send you, that is a sure sign that something is wrong. I WANT questions and feedback.
• - Must be casual and a friend. While I do want a 'professional relationship' in terms of hustling and getting shit done on time and creating quickly, I want it to be relaxed and based on a friendship. I want to know what you're passionate about, trade knowledge and cool articles back and forth, etc. Everyone I work with is a friend first...if we don't make good friends, we wont make good partners.
• - Must use the words “Blue Bamboo" in the second sentence of your cover letter. This is to weed out all those pesky auto-applications.
• - Must be able to keep track of and efficiently execute 'Standard Operating Procedures'. So that I can tell you to save a SOP like how to find contacts or create personalized emails, and then just tell you to follow that process later instead of having to re-explain it. Also, so I can tell you what to do when X happens, so that you perform Y automatically.
• - Must be able to get shit done FAST. I'll sometimes give you a tight deadline. I need to know you can get it done when I'm relying on you.
• - Must have a backup person or team mate, in case you are unable to work for whatever reason (vacation, family event, sickness, etc.). This is a must.
• - Must speak and write fluent English with American-style grammar. You will be contacting many English speakers in places like USA & Europe.
• - Must be able to devote at least 5 hours a week to our work. And to go up to 25 hours when I need you to. I am willing to pay a retainer fee for this.
• - Must be have experience with testing web-apps and reporting bugs and usability issues.
Ideally, you will be around the $3-7/hour mark. If we click well together, I would love to be working together years from now. If you are excellent and we stay together, your responsibilities and your pay will increase as my success (and therefore yours) grows. I am looking for someone who I will be able to have in the future as my full-time partner, managing a team of other VAs for me.
Sound like you? Then I can't wait to talk to you. Cheers,