Come join us in our mission to be one of the Worldwide leader in Performance Management and Training Software. With us, you will be responsible for helping, design, develop, and maintain our suite of data and information governance products. We have a myriad of technologies in use today and are continuously evaluating options for improvement.@
CANDIDATES WITH DOMAIN KNOWLEDGE WITHIN CORPORATE PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT AND TRAINING SYSTEM WILL BE PRIORITIZED.
As a Senior .NET Engineer (Platform Developer) on our team, you will be joining a group of developers working to grow the Improve Performance and Training System (IPTS) Platform.
The Platform is very mature and supports many customer-facing applications. The Platform’s stack consists of a .NET server and MSSQL backend, and HTML frontend.
Since the Platform heavily interoperates with internal and external applications, the Platform Developer is responsible for the creation of new and regular maintenance of existing integration points between the Platform and 1st and 3rd party applications. Additional responsibilities include providing assistance to Platform Application Developers and the Customer Support team, as required.
A successful candidate will in future be joining the team with members who are Development Leads, Product Owners, and Quality Engineers to implement Platform improvements. Additionally, you will regularly interact with other .NET Engineers, Platform Architects, Application developers, and Product Managers.
This role is 100% remote, so a core part is the individual’s time management skills and ability to work with various people across the company remotely.
• Develop leading technology application in a legacy codebase using the .Net framework in an
o Extend capabilities of the IPTS Platform
o Fix defects relating to the IPTS Platform
• Translate user stories into functional software
• Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the IPTS Platform
• Identify bottlenecks and bugs, while devising solutions to mitigate and address these issues
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
• Participate in Agile ceremonies in a ‘remote-first’ organization
• Facilitate the integration of IPTS Application developers and 3rd parties with the IPTS Platform
• Work with the Customer Support Team to resolve high priority customer issues relating to the IPTS Platform
• BS/MS in Comp Sci/Math/EE or related discipline or equivalent experience
• Experience building SaaS software required
• Microsoft Certificates
• Strong knowledge of .NET framework 4.0 and above
• Proficient in C#, with a good knowledge of its ecosystem
• Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
• Skill for writing reusable libraries
• Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
• Knowledge of concurrency patterns
• Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server
• Experience with popular web application frameworks
• Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
• Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application
• Experience creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
• Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git and SVN
• Ability to work as part of a highly distributed team
• Great communication skills via Slack, Google Hangouts, Skype, etc. is a must
Technology That We Currently Use
IPTS Web Server Host
OS: Windows Server 2012 R2 standard
Web Server: IIS 8.0
Frameworks & Components
DBMS: Microsoft SQL Server 2014
Kendo UI 2014.3.1411
Angular Local Storage 0.1.5
Angular UI-Router 0.2.13
Angular CSS injector 1.0.4
More than 30 hrs/week
More than 3 months3+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am willing to pay higher rates for the most experienced freelancers