I am looking to engage someone to do a concise market report (10-12 slides) for me focused on the Caribbean region and 2 specific areas therein, Turks & Caicos and separately the US Virgin Islands at large (St. John within it). Scope would include just a few pages on the luxury hotel and villa market in the Caribbean, and a few on each of the 2 specific countries. Specific scope:
- Summary of state of the ultra-luxury hotel and villa rental and sales market in 2017 pre-hurricane based on rates, occ versus prior years, recovery from Zika, pace of sales, any notable transactions etc.
- Overview of hurricane impact across the Caribbean in terms of islands devastated, those recovering, and those not hit and expected time to recover based upon how far they have come at this point. (Very broadly speaking)
- Impact of the hurricane on luxury/ultra-luxury hotel and villa inventory for sale and for guests. (percentages of ultra-luxury lost etc)
- Impact of the hurricane on demand for hotel rooms and villa rentals for those markets that are still functioning this season, based on consumer sentiment and limited supply etc. Expected impact on rates and occupancy with particular focus on Turks and the ultra luxury inventory in the Caribbean at large (ie Jumby Bay, One & Only, Jade Mountain, Round Hill, Parrot Cay Como, other luxury villa inventory) as well as other markets that are seeing lift (ie if demand is shifting, where to, Hawaii, Europe etc?) How are the comps in and outside of the Caribbean reacting, raising rates by how much in general or wary that Caribbean will not be seen as desirable location?
- Rate shop for ultra-luxury Caribbean set and rate shop for highest end hotel affiliated villas in Caribbean (peak and non-peak season listings for both hotel and villas).
- Impact on the hurricane for investment appetite in hotels and importantly villa purchases, valuations, villa sales prices, expected impact on transaction volume and pricing (understand we don’t have crystal ball but any early signs useful).
- Any major intel into hotel rebuild plans and pipeline.
- Specific to a) Turks & Caicos and b) USVI and St. John, please provide for each:
o Economic trends, population, unemployment, crime, GDP trends, over the years and any insight we have into what to expect
o Overview of political environment and stability, how current administration supports/doesn’t tourism, major challenges/opportunities and overview
o Access and visitation overview and any changes post-hurricane
o Anything else relevant for both hotel operations, villa rentals and villa sales in Turks and reinvestment in St. John, USVI