The project idea could be inspired by a topic or a real issue that you encountered at work. Has to be a relevant financial problem.
Report and presentation
The Report should be max 10 pages long (font 12, spacing 1.5; estimation output, figures, and R code in an
appendix) and structured as follows:
1. Introduction: you explain the topic of your project, why it is relevant, sketch the main findings known
from the literature (has the literature reached a consensus on the topic or there are different views about
it?), and, finally, briefly discuss your main results (also in comparison with the results in the literature).
2. Survey of the literature: here you discuss the articles/papers that you found on the topic. It is probably
good to start with the earlier papers and explain in reasonable detail the technique, data, and results.
The discussion of later papers should be related to the earlier ones: what are the later papers adding
or doing different compared to the earlier ones? different data and/or econometric technique? are their
3. Model: in this section you are going to explain the empirical model that you are adopting. It can be a
model suggested by economic theory or it could inspired by the problem at hand. Explain why you put
a certain variable on the left-hand and some other variables on the right-hand side (since you already
explained the problem in the introduction, at this point it should be clear to the reader why you are
choosing a certain specification).
4. Data: report the source of your dataset, which variables you are considering, for how many individuals or
for which period of time etc.
5. Empirical Application: in this section you report the results of the model estimation and you should
discuss all the econometric issues that you addressed in arriving to the final specification. In the final
specification you might have dropped some irrelevant variables, played with the functional form, allowed
for heteroskedasticity, serial correlation etc.
6. Conclusion: here you summarize the results of your project and how they are different or confirming
I am looking for freelancers with the lowest rates