My work requires me to write a report addressed to my client, the owner, on the Gas Retort House, Berkley Street, Birmingham, focusing on and justifying the potential for its reuse
Please review attachment below for further information regarding writing this report.
The work is in the form of a report to your client (the Owner), set out and justify a proposal for the reuse of the Gas Retort House, Berkley Street, Birmingham.
Your report should include:
1. A title
2. An executive summary
3. An introduction
5. An outline of your proposal
6. A statement justifying your proposal
7. A statement setting out the potential benefits derived from your proposal
8. A conclusion
Within the above you should consider the following:
1. The existing condition of the building
2. The history of the building
3. The surrounding neighbourhood ( Scale, Mass,Uses of buildings and social demographics)
4. Planning policy for the area
5. Finance for your proposal
Word Count: 2000 words
Presentation: this is a professional report. Therefore the client requires the following: A4, double sided, Ariel 12, 1.5 line spaced, numbered paragraphs, spiral bound.
Hand-in date: Tuesday 29th April 2014 at 2pm. A hard copy MUST be brought to MP388 at 2pm.
1. A title (5 marks)
Is there a suitable title which is clear and indicates the content of the report?
2. An executive summary (15 marks)
An accurate summary of the content and findings of the report – clear, well written, providing summary of the key points contained in the report.
3. An introduction (10 marks)
Sets the context for the report – site location and situation.
4. Context (20 marks)
Includes a description of the building (method of construction, condition, important features, history and current use), demographics, surrounding sites, planning policy, funding options.
5. An outline of your proposal (10 marks)
Description of the proposed use (sketches and drawings can be used)
6. A statement justifying your proposal (20 marks)
A justification for the proposed use in the light of the information found in sections 3 & 4 above.
7. A statement setting out the potential benefits derived from your proposal (15 marks)
Consider economic, environmental and social benefits.
8. A conclusion (5 marks)