Hello, my client has a well established software platform that facilitates the purchasing function in organizations. They would like to re-design the interface and manage the transition to the new environment. The intention is to improve the aesthetics and usability. This software is written in .NET.
The interface currently uses framesets, with three frames, the top menu tabs, the main frame, and an optional frame on the left. On the login screen only one frame is visible, most other pages normally show only the menu & main frames, but reports and other setup screens have a button to set display & filter options which opens the third frame down the left side.
The scope of work is as follows:
- Design a new user interface (If you are unable to the design work, we can use another developer)
- Plan the upgrade, if possible, so it can be implemented in phases to gain the benefit as soon as possible, without having the system appear too disjointed. For example, do we wait to finish a complete upgrade of all screens at the same time and implement by module? Or do we upgrade the most commonly used screen layouts and implement them across all modules?
- Plan the updates in a manner that will accommodate the future upgrade of the platform to more current and efficient programming languages.
The Client's Proposal Request:
1. Propose a plan to separate current formatting code from the processing code and identify which language(s) will be used.
2. The timeframe of the plan to implement a complete user interface upgrade broken into phases with each phase representing updates we can put into production.
3. An estimate of required resources for each phase and the cost for each phase.
4. Describe any impact to current logic that will require testing.
5. Describe how the proposed upgrade to the UI will fit with, or impact, future platform upgrades.
6. We identified 7 main screen layouts that are used throughout FlexRFP. Provide examples of ideas to improve these screens as well as the suggested overall menu flow.
7. Provide suggestions to other areas for UI improvements that you think will provide meaningful impact.
Please provide some insight into your capabilities and I will make myself available to discuss further. Thanks