This Project: Our product integrates a variety of tools used by bloggers to manage and grow their blog and combine them into a single, cohesive system.
Current Project Status: The BETA is almost complete. We're looking to add a member to our team to expand the features of the tools we have so far for a truly compelling product.
We work extremely hard, with extreme urgency, and demand the absolute best from one another. We do not tolerate inefficiency, laziness, or any work being done poorly. If you submit your work as "done", it's expected to work well and hold up to scrutiny. We hold one another to the highest possible standard because we want to grow this startup into a massively profitable company and aren't willing to wait patiently for that to happen. We do not tolerate delays or missed deadlines from one another.
Role Overview: You to be a certain age, have any formal education, or have a certain level of formal experience. However, you MUST be able to perform at a high level and deliver great code on intense deadlines.
(1) You must write highly functional, non-buggy, well-documented code ***extremely*** quickly (at least 2x than the average developer).
(2) You must handle high stress, pressure, & and the intense pace which will be expected of you.
(3) You must have a schedule and personal discipline that allow you to complete tasks on the aggressive timeframes expected of you – no matter what.
(4) You must be willing to make the necessary sacrifices to ensure that the aggressive deadlines that have been set are **always** completed on time. We are looking for a core part of our team and need somebody willing to make the personal sacrifices necessary to ensure we meet our deadlines. We will be counting on you to meet our goals and expect the same intense commitment from you as we expect from ourselves.
(5) You must embrace challenges, criticism, and harsh feedback. We value our team members immensely but will always address any form of potential inefficiency or area of your work/ that could potentially be done better. Include the word "almond" as the 3rd word of your response to this listing to be considered.
(7) You must have proven competence in web development and must have enough experience to be able to build functionality without needing to Google how it's done. We expect for you to have completed multiple projects. Personal projects are completely acceptable.
(8) You must be highly responsive and available to chat daily to give updates on progress, ask/answer questions, etc.
What you DO NOT need for this role:
(1) More than 1+ hours of Upwork experience (as long as you can demonstrate that you are highly competent, committed, and responsive).
(2) You do not need to be from any specific country (but must have strong english).
(3) You do not need to be a certain age/experience level.
(4) You do not need to have any formal credentials (i.e. college).
Payment: $10-$15 per hour. (We're willing to embrace newer/young developers. The more competitive your rate, the more likely you will be hired.)
(1) Respond to this listing with: (a) Detailed information about your background as a web developer, (b) specific projects you've working on (in as much detail as possible), and (c) details about you as a person that indicate you are a good fit and will excel in this high-intensity enviornment.
(2) If you are a good fit, we'll schedule a skype meeting to evaluatuate your ability and discuss the project in more detail.
(3) We will give you a test to work on and our existing developers use team-viewer/join.me to rate your ability/performance and ensure you perform above the bar we need.
Our Management Style:
(1) If hired, you will begin working 30-40 hours/week on stand-alone features which, when complete, we will integrate into the product to testing.
(2) We expect the features given to us to have no obvious bugs, work elegantly, and to include clear documentation.
(3) You will use time-tracking software to track hours worked which will be reviewed to ensure you are being as productive as possible and moving forward on your tasks quickly.
(4) Payment will be weekly, based on the hours logged via the time-tracking software.