This documentary film project captures personal histories—video interviews in a number of languages that must be translated with attention to clarity of meaning, as well as emotional feeling. This project is primarily intended for English-speaking markets.
The video interviews for this assignment were conducted in Copenhagen, in Danish, and have already been transcribed and translated...so this assignment is the 2nd pass at the translation. My standard practice is that the first pass be translated by a native-speaker of the interview subject's language, and the 2nd pass be translated by an English native-speaker. Details:
- Prefer freelancer to be a native English-speaker.
- 6 video interviews, all available as downloaded Quicktime files
- Total video duration: approximately 1:51:15
- This assignment may be considered a review of the 1st pass...and we will be working with an existing Microsoft Word file. I have attached the file for your reference.
- In evaluating the 1st pass, it is my impression that there are many problems to be solved: overly-generalized word selection, awkward phrasing, failure to be colloquial, verb tense issues, etc.
1. Review proposals
2. Skype interviews with no more than 2-3 finalists
4. Provide video link for freelancer review
5. Skype to further discuss and answer any freelancer questions
6. 2 week delivery deadline
7. I will be available by email or Skype to answer any further questions throughout the work period.