As a Technical Consultant, you know databases. Not just how to use databases but how they work. You can describe the inner workings of one or more industry leading RDBMS technologies (Oracle, MySQL, TD, etc.) in depth. You know how optimization relates to execution, can spot inefficient SQL, and have experience tuning.
You are also a Linux aficionado. You prefer the control of a command line interface to the limitations of X-Windows. You love to create shell scripts that scale your own productivity… many of which use awk, sed and find commands. You probably run Linux at home and have set up more than a couple RAID arrays. You wonder how you ever got along before config management tools like Puppet and Chef.
- Work with Vertica customers implementing scalability, high availability, migration and consolidation services on Vertica.
- Design and implement database administration solutions including performance monitoring and tuning, data management and capacity planning, implementing DR/failover, resource management, security, backup and recovery, etc.
- Advise and consult on hardware selection, planning, and installation for big data implementations
- Optimizing system performance
- Troubleshoot and resolve system issues
- Act as primary technical contact and liaison between customer technical resources and Vertical engineers
Required (Must have):
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is required
Strong knowledge of performance optimization and tuning of databases.
- A strong background in database administration and SQL development experience.
- Strong SQL, programming and/or scripting skills is a MUST.
- Experience with ETL, reporting and monitoring tools is a plus.
- Ability to communicate technical scenarios at both a high-level and detail level, as is required by the audience.
- Understanding of Hadoop environment is a plus.