* Highly qualified SocialEngine developer with years of experience customizing the SE4 system and related templates.
* Individual, not team or company, available by Skype USA business hours daily.
* Native English Speaker (not fluent. native).
Its extremely important to us that you not bid on this job unless you have been involved heavily with the SocialEngine community and development for many years.
We have a very old SE3 community with about 6,200 members (hairlosstalk.com/profiles). We've just finished a migration from SE3 to SE4 and are using the Purity template from YouNet. A significant portion of this job is going to be simply talking. Consulting. Asking you questions, getting input and advice on setup, features, functionality, and capabilities of SE4 and the Purity Template.
Please identify your rate for consulting time spent, and for development time spent, with the assumption that consulting time will be less per hour. If you know the system, then this should be enjoyable easy money for you. When we have finally understood the system and its limitations, we will discuss customization either to the theme or to the SE CMS system itself, until we've reached our goal and can release the site live.
Job will include fully pushing our new community live:
* Discussion and analysis of how new SE4 works. Consulting.
* Discussion and analysis of how Purity works and what features/plugins they offer.
* Create custom landing page if deemed necessary (with our designer involvement).
* Customize Profiles if deemed necessary (with our designer involvement).
Once the community has been sufficiently duplicated in SE4:
* Discuss and set up performance plugins, minification, etc for page speed load.
* Discuss and set up SEO plugins for URL handling, titles, metas, tags, etc.
* Discuss cleanup of old system and processes for new system (indexing, disallowing etc)
* Discuss and set up proper HTACCESS redirects for all necessary types of URLs.
We just did this exact thing with a migration of vBulletin to XenForo forums with 700,000 posts and over 300,000 URLs, including going from HTTP to HTTPS and all the necessary redirects. The process took us about 2-3 weeks at a couple hours a day. I expect this will be the same.