Hello, I am having problems with Photoshop with a Mac computer rendering my brush strokes properly, my brush strokes in Photoshop are being rendered with a twisting, stair stepping, rope looking distortion, I am not referring to the how straight up and down the line is I am referring to the spiraling in the brush stroke itself. I do not know the cause.
Here are all the possible causes and what I have done to try and resolve the issue:
1. Issues with Photoshop over compensating with anti-aliasing. Not sure how to fix besides using smoothing which is not making a difference.
2. Issues with the Wacom Intuos Pro 5 large tablet driver by its self or it could be the driver controlling alignment with both my laptop and plugged in HP xi 27 Pavilion Monitor. I have my monitor plugged into my MacBook Pro by HDMI to VGA cord.
Note I called Wacom and Installed new driver, and it did not solve the problem.
3. Issues with other devices plugged in around the computer such as Hard drives, speakers, fan, etc.… however I like to point out I have had theses devices plugged in before without issues.
Note I unplugged my new hard drive and other devices and it did not solve the problem.
4. Issues with plugin incompatibility with each other fighting over resources from Photoshop
Note I held down the shift key to turn off of plugins and tested to see if there was still distortion with the brush strokes and there was still distortion.
5. Issues with wireless Bluetooth devices such as music speakers and wireless magic mouse and keyboard
Note I turned off the Bluetooth on all devices plus unplugged them and still no change to brush stroke distortion
I also have reset both my preferences and brushes and I also tried turning off my graphics processor. I also have updated the NVIDIA driver downloaded CUDADriver-5.5.47 which made no difference to the distortion.
I am using 100% round brush with no spacing with smoothing on. I have this same problem on two different computers with two different systems both Macs on OS X 10 .8 .5 Mountain Lion and the other OS X 10 .9 Mavericks. I do not want to upgrade to a higher system because all my software is for the systems I just mentioned.
I am not sure what else could be causing this problem I am please interested in your opinion what do you think is happening here and how would you go about fixing it? Any advice you can give would be most appreciated,
Thank you for your help,
Ps. Please ignore grammatical errors i'm dyslexic,