Looking for an individual developer or small team experienced in Magento to take over an existing e-commerce platform for stock videos purchasing. We will consider the portfolio with Magento works only, There is no finished techical assignment, but the constant flow of work to do, so, please provide the hourly rates.
What we need from you :
- develop new functionalities on the website (www.b-rollstock.com)
- update visual.
- optimize search result and page load.
- help us when errors occur. etc.
the code will be transferred by the previous team and you can have multiple consultations with them.
- based on Magento 126.96.36.199.
- no changes done in Magento core files.
- the search is done through SOLR . integration between Magento and solr is done through a custom module named "unisho / solr".
- server : Apache on an Intel® Xeon® E5-1650v2 Hexa-Core.RAM64 GB DDR3 ECC RAM.Hard Drive 10 x 6 TB SATA.
- in order to manipulate video files we use the FFMPEG library.
- product types on site : configurable & simple products (few) and virtual products.
- user types : 2. some are simple users, that just buy videos, other are "contributors" that own videos.
- every time a simple user buys a video owned by a contributor, a % of the $ goes into the contributor vault.
- most custom functionalities are in a new "videos" tab on the edit product page.
- all the custom functionalities of the website are done in a module called "unisho / videos".
Functionalities like : attach videos to 1 package (virtual or simple product), create videos with watermarks (using ffmpeg reduce the quality of the video and add an image to it), create demo videos (extract portions of 5-10 seconds from each video and combining them), import videos from a custom CSV structure into the platform and so on.
- the theme used is custom.
- transactional emails sent through Mandrill module.
- the code is clean, everything is pretty much where you would expect it to be.
- homepage is hardcoded in a template, and it's easy to edit.
- website has several crons set up to send emails about FTP activity (new files).