This is an opportunity to become an ongoing team member with an Australian energy efficiency company. We have more than 10 years experience conducting energy saving projects in the commercial sector. Our clients range from small businesses to large public and government organisations, across all industry and building types. We have conducted hundreds of large projects and have an excellent industry reputation.
To help manage our expansion, we are hiring several freelance energy professionals who are committed and excited to work with us in an ongoing role. You will assist our sales, technical and project management teams in Australia.
An example of the type of task you will be conducting is: to analyse information, data and photos taken by our salespeople of a clients building, to consider the best energy saving technologies to meet the clients objectives, perform energy saving modelling of the different product and service options, and input outcomes into proposal documents.
We have clear processes, document templates and analysis tools to support and guide your work. You will be working within an established and proven framework for successfully performing these tasks.
The engagement will start slowly and build up over numerous months. For instance, for the first few weeks it may only involve 5-10 hours per week for training and trailing your work performance. In 2-3 months we expect this to be 15-20 hours per week and within 4-5 months to be 20-40 hours per week. You will need to have at least 20 hours per week available for this role. We will have multiple freelancers performing this role, so there will be some flexibility if you need scheduled periods of time off or your availability varies slightly from week to week.
- Experience with energy efficiency projects for commercial clients
- Preferably a relevant qualification i.e. mechanical engineer, electrical engineer, energy auditor, sustainability assessor, electrician, refrigeration or HVAC mechanic.
- Experience with typical commercial electrical equipment i.e. HVAC, refrigeration, lighting
- Fluent in English language
- Excellent computing skills, particularly Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work to timing deadlines
- Ability to work in a confidential manner, treating all Intellectual Property and client information confidential to this engagement.
- Ability to follow instructions clearly
- Attention to detail
- Initiative to problem-solve, contribute to improving processes and help come up with new solutions and ways to enhance the work we perform for our clients.
- The responsibility, motivation and accountability to work remotely (depending on your location)
- Able to communicate via video conference when required
- A google drive or dropbox account
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to provide references relating to previous energy efficiency work/ projects, and to participate in a video interview.
Please submit an hourly rate in Australian Dollars (AUD) to perform this work.
You will be a valuable member of the team and an important contributor to helping our business expand in a professional, high quality and efficient manner.
Thank you for taking the time to read this job post. If you believe that you are a great fit for this role and would like to join the team of a successful, progressive Australian energy efficiency company, we look forward to hearing from you.
All the best.