Inquiry-based Learning (IBL) is a growing method of teaching that is being adopted around the world. The methodology is most often associated with schools that have an international focus (otherwise known as “World Schools,”), though not always. Inquiry-based learning is closely related to “project-based” learning and teaching that focuses on “critical-thinking.”
Types of schools in the United States that use Inquiry-based Learning methodology.
- Private schools (either “Day” schools or boarding schools)
- Charter and/or magnet schools
- Public schools (usually in an urban setting)
This research shall cover elementary schools in the following states: North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Massachusettes, California, Maryland, Delaware, Florida.
1. To identify all of the elementary schools (K- 12, whether private, public or charter) that use IBL teaching methodology.
2. To list all other private elementary schools that do not follow IBL...