The Global Initiative for Inclusive ICTs (G3ict) is launching a new global online learning destination related to the digital inclusion of persons with disabilities worldwide. The Procurement Knowledge Portal (PKP) will focus on the topic of accessible technology for persons with disabilities and specifically on procurement policies and standards. The PKP will leverage a variety of platforms, including the web, social media, etc. to deliver knowledge and technical capabilities to a diverse audience of partners, practitioners, policy makers, staff, and civil society leaders worldwide. The PKP ecosystem will be open to all, interactive, self-paced and networked. It will leverage the vast knowledge and resources of G3ict and its partners and convert it into actionable learning with the explicit objective of pursuing and implementing procurement policies worldwide
G3ict is already partnering with another firm on all the technical aspects of web design and development for the portal. We are now seeking to hire a Project Manager to support the design, launch, and ongoing development and maintenance of the content for the PKP. The Project Manager will provide day to day management of the PKP under the guidance of the G3ict Vice President for Global Strategy and Development. The Project Manager will be responsible for delivering every non-technical/technology aspect of the PKP on time, within budget, and within scope. The project manager will not be responsible for development and engineering of the web-based portal, but will be required to coordinate with the technical team that is responsible for those activities.
This is not a full time position. We expect a need for 20-30 hours per week for up to six months with the possibility of contract renewal.
Project Manager Responsibilities
• Provide input to initial overall design of Procurement Knowledge Portal (PKP). Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring feasibility
• Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress of all the milestones related to developing, launching, maintaining, marketing, and growing the PKP
• Create and manage editorial calendar for PKP
• Source a broad range of digital content for the PKP, including from existing G3ict resources, partner resources, broadly available existing content, news updates (including from the G3ict Accessibility Worldview service), etc.
• Developing and edit new and original content
• Oversee creation of a PKP webinar series
• Coordinate with G3ict Digital Communications manager to develop and execute a communications strategy for the PKP, including e.g. optimize and monitor SEO
• Coordinate with technical team as it designs and develops the actual web portal
Project Manager Qualifications
• Master’s degree in public policy or communications with 7 or more years of experience
• Proven working experience in project management in the information technology sector
• Excellent written (including editing) and verbal communication skills
• Solid organizational skills, including attention detail and multi-tasking skills
• Native English language fluency required. Spanish language skills are a plus.
• Excellent understanding of disability issues, human rights mechanisms, United Nations, among others