Anyone can learn languages. That vision has driven the Babbel Team since 2007.
The market-leading app in its field – with up to 120,000 Babbel app downloads every single day – Babbel makes language-learning easily accessible, from home or on the go.
Babbel prides itself on providing great customer service, and is looking for dedicated freelance Customer Service Agents to strengthen our team. If you’re a registered freelancer based in Berlin, Germany and are a native English speaker with excellent customer service skills & experience, we’d like to hear from you!
- You have proven experience in handling high numbers of customer requests by email.
- You have the expertise to handle those requests in a quick and effective way whilst maintaining high customer service standards.
- You are self directed, motivated and use your initiative. You have a great track record when it comes to getting important, hard work done without being supervised
- You have the skill to process large amounts of information and to keep on top of that information in an ever-changing environment
- You’re friendly, respectful, a strong team player, and have a great sense of humour!
- You are an eager learner. It's ok to say “I don't know” but you seek out the answers you need to better equip yourself for the next customer conversation.
- You’re a star at what you do. We don’t just want our customers to be happy, we want them to be over the moon!
- You live in Berlin Germany
- You have at least one year’s customer service experience in a similar role.
- You have a schedule that allows you to dedicate 15-20 hours per week – 3 -5 hours per day – to Babbel Customer Service
- You have the legal right to work as a freelance in the EU and have the rthe visa to do so (if applicable).
- You are already engaged in freelance work and hold a freelance Tax Number (Steuernummer).
- You are tech-savvy – fast and reliable. We’ll train you up on our systems and tools, but you should be keen to learn new software, systems and interfaces.
- Your schedule allows you to participate in initial training for a 3 week period at our office in Mitte (3-4 hours per day). After training your schedule allows you to work in the Babbel office at least one day per week
- You have very strong English communication skills - both written and spoken
What we offer you
- A great working atmosphere in an exciting young company
- An truly international working environment – Babbel employs people of more than 30 nationalities
- The chance to be a part of a great product and the advanced technologies & skills behind that product
- Brand new business premises in the heart of Berlin
- The chance to expand your own language skills with Babbel