My family has a small foundation that supports caregivers of family members. My sister and I took care of our mother, who had dementia, for two years so we know how daunting the task is, we understand what you give up and what you do without and are convinced there are many others that are doing the same. So we want to help by giving them things they do without. They don’t have to go through the task of asking family members, we will help.
Having said that, we hold an annual golf tournament in honor of our father, he was an avid golfer. We have held five tournaments but with the sponsors and golf fees, we have not raised much money, which restricts the impact our foundation can have on family caregivers.
This year we want to begin to focus on fundraising.
We did not have a logo. We created a logo that combined the name of our foundation and the golf tournament and our family’s last name. The W from Williams which is in both (George L. Williams Golf Classic) and (The Williams Family Caregivers Foundation).
My sister is somewhat of an artistic person and put this logo together. See attachment below. If you can not view I will resent. We can not proceed without it!
But for me – driving this process – what now????? Now I want to put it “out there”. However, I want it to be affective we need to go public with our fund raising.
We have a website but not released because it is just not professional enough. So now I have decided to create an email account from the foundation. My thought is to set up a Facebook page and go public.
1. On facebook I believe we can tell our story
2. We can set up a link to donate thru PayPal
3. And update information concerning our event
4. Hopefully build up contacts
The job – I need someone to take this logo and give it “The Stuff” Give it appeal.
1. Should the foundation name be above or below the logo or around it like a golf ball and not real small on the golf green?
2. The FONT, the font is soooo critical and word is so limiting. Our father had beautiful handwriting I want the font to reflect that.
3. Size, howbig should it be? Should it be framed or just plain just as is.
4. This is the info, can a logo and both of these be on a shirt – is it too much what works?!?! Not too much for Facebook but too much for a golf shirt but ok for a T-shirt, I just don’t know.
The name of our foundation is: The Williams Family Caregivers Foundation
Our Mission Statement: To Care for Those Who Care for Loved Ones!
I want the layout to be catchy clever and impressive. I want to use it on our Facebook page but I also want to put it on shirts, t-shirts and golf shirts. (To sell at some point.). I want to know what looks best on both. Logo on back with name of foundation on front; Logo on left chest area and name in calligraphy on the back with mission statement; What looks best, what works best, want something new and different even though this is a standard thing to do. I am thinking of a Tiffany Blue color for shirts, good on men as well as women and children, good for old or young and goes with any other color you wear but I am totally open to expert opinions.
Someone from Upwork is currently working to create a fund raising brochure for us and I want this logo you create to be a part of that as well.
I know what I want, but don’t have the expertise to create it - but I will know it when I see it.
Thank you for taking the time to consider working with me.