I'm looking for someone to work on a Node.js module that interfaces with Exchange Web Services. Some of the basic code has already been written. Best of all, you'll be PAID to make open-source contributions in your own name! What's not to love?
In case you'd like to browse, the repository is available at https://github.com/kennship/positive-outlook .
Please read these requirements thoroughly before applying! Please also review the code and message me with any questions.
The module already connects to an Exchange Web Services server and is capable of listing emails in the user's inbox. The milestones for this project will be:
1. Fetch single email and attachments
2. Send email with attachments
3. View calendar (meetings, appointments) for any date or date range
4. Create meeting and invite participants
5. Update meeting
6. Receive Lync/Communicator instant messages (negotiable)
7. Send Lync/Communicator instant messages (negotiable)
You are expected to work on this in the way you would any open-source project: by forking it on Github to your user account, making changes, and submitting those changes as a pull request. I will create `milestone` branches with test cases indicating what needs to pass in order for the milestone to be considered complete.
You are expected to have access to a Microsoft Exchange account for testing. You may obtain a free one at Outlook.com if you do not have it through your company.
In order for me to consider your proposal, you MUST include:
1. Your Github username
2. Your level of familiarity with working with SOAP services
3. Your level of familiarity with Node.js
4. Whether or not you have access to a company Microsoft Exchange server.
4a. Whether or not your Exchange server has instant messaging (Lync/Communicator). If not, this will not disqualify you but will limit the scope of the job.
Any proposal missing item 1, 2, 3, or 4 in the initial message will not be considered. 4a is optional as it depends on your response to 4.