QGIS web client has been deployed on a test cloud server running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
The freelancer is required to provide details on the following aspects:
1) Possibility to segregate projects on the basis of username/password (the default features of the system seem not embedding access rights modules);
2) Design of the server environment in order to organize projects into folders/directories and assign access to each project on the basis of user credentials, as per the above item 1;
3) Possibility to organize and categorize projects in the QGIS web client front-end interface: the freelancer is requested to provide working instructions on the publication of links and their visual organisation in the web page;
4) Possibility to Integrate QGIS web client with other GIS systems: the freelancer is requested to elaborate working instruction on:
a. how projects are uploaded into the QGIS web client (in terms of background maps and layers);
b. how projects are generated (QGIS-like file extension), if QGIS desktop is required or files generated from other systems (like ArgGIS, GW-Base, GeODin) can be directly uploaded as well;
c. how the QGIS web client could read data directly from a database (running on the same cloud server) instead that from QGIS-like files.
In case the deployment of QGIS will be feasible, on the basis of the above listed items, the contractor is requested to draft a brief user manual explaining to end-users how to:
1) Created a QGIS projects to be made available on the QGIS web client
2) How such project can be uploaded into the cloud server (e.g. via FTP or direct upload into a DB)
3) How link to the project are published on the front-end application webpage and managed