Seeking self-motivated, detailed-oriented person for a home based Administrative Sales Assistant position. This role will provide administrative support for my life insurance business. Duties include emailing and/or phoning applicants to follow-up on open items, working with insurance companies and underwriters to resolve problems and contacting medical offices and/or vendors to follow-up on medical records. Must be able to be by a computer throughout the day, as issues will often arise that need immediate attention. Researching insurance leads, creating insurance applications, verify/submit exam paperwork, process incoming mail, and assist with special projects as needed. This is an East Coast based position.
Candidate must be able to meet via virtual meetings daily and be skilled using Microsoft office products to create memos, letters, spreadsheets, etc. Equipment needed include a phone with unlimited long distance, computer with high-speed Internet access, scanner, and printer. The anticipated hours are 20-25 hours per week but can vary based on caseload. You must be willing to make this position your top priority, not a side job! Experience working from home and customer service by phone is a plus. A copy of a credit report will be required and candidate must have an average minimum credit score.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe PDF
- Experience in preparing emails and working under deadlines
- Strong organizational skills; focus on accuracy and consistency (this cannot be stressed enough)
- Experience in upholding and supporting confidentiality including client information and internal business operations/partners
- Ability to be flexible in setting priorities and responding to daily workloads
- Able to work independently with minimal detailed supervision
THIS POSITION REQUIRES PERFECTION AND EXTREME ATTENTION TO DETAIL. The insurance business often has lots of cases to manage and lots of moving parts associated with each case, and any slight mistake has serious consequences in potential lost business.
The right candidate will receive the following rates paid to Upwork:
• $8 per hour for the first 4 weeks
• $11.12 per hour for the next 3 months
• $12 per hour for the following 3 months
• $13 per hour thereafter
If interested, please reply and provide a copy of your resume with a phone number where you can be reached.