I'm a small publisher/author and need a cover for my latest print book--
Word Search Book for Adults: 101 Large-Print Puzzles
My customers know what they are looking for so the purpose of the cover is to show them that the book is professional and full of word search puzzles. I'd like a cover that is simple and clean with well-designed elements. Of course, it should not look like it was done by an author with no design experience.
Attached is an example of what I am looking for.
Here are some requirements and notes about what I'm looking for:
1. It should include the Funster logo. I will provide the logo in an Adobe Illustrator (.ai) file.
2. It should include a word search puzzle or enough of it to see the word search puzzle with criss-crossed words. I will provide the puzzle as a .eps file.
3. The full title should be readable when Amazon displays the cover at 89x115.
4. No clipart should be used.
5. The ideal deliverable would be Adobe InDesign files, but I will consider other source formats including Illustrator and Photoshop.
6. The size of the book is 8.5 x 11 inches with a spine that is .286 x 11 inches and a .125 inch bleed all around.
7. Most of the back cover should be reserved for text that I will add.
8. You can see examples of books in the genre here (some good, many bad) by searching for "word search" in Amazon books.
9. It is due in approximately one week.
10. Legally, this job will be bound by the Upwork User Agreement:
This includes, but is not limited to, section 8. SERVICE CONTRACT TERMS which contains this line:
"Upon Freelancer’s receipt of full payment from Client, the Work Product, including without limitation all Intellectual Property Rights in the Work Product, will be the sole and exclusive property of Client, and Client will be deemed to be the author thereof."