I require a virtual assistant to act as an executive assistant for my law practice and companion private equity business. No office attendance is typically required, and hours are generally very flexible. You will need to help me and my attorneys manage and prepare documents, emails, schedules and events, manage task lists and help us stay on top of all obligations. Candidates must be in Canada due to privacy legislation.
- You will use Excel, Word and Outlook remotely for general office tasks
- You will do some research using the Internet or other information databases
- You will make outbound calling to clients, vendors or others as required
- You will handle email management, particularly task and scheduling responsibility as a critical element
- You will assist in recording time entries for associate attorneys, preparing invoices and entry of financial data via remote server access.
- You will perform other miscellaneous tasks that can be performed online
- You must be generally accessible during agreed-upon office hours, however flexibility is a key feature
- You will prepare law practice and transaction documents for the business. Complete accuracy is required but all training is provided
- You will receive instructions by phone and dictation files. Dictation equipment can be provided
Your initial qualifications:
- Previous experience as an administrative assistant required
- Broadband Internet connection and a reliable computer
- Strong user-level computer skills (meaning not IT level, but mastery of the user's functions)
- No software of data storage is required; all work is performed by terminal-service log-in to my systems
- Strong understanding of Internet and online communication tools
- Ability to multitask and take on multiple projects
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Exceptional mastery of the English language and business communications for both telephone communications and drafting high-level business documents
- Complete attention to detail a must
Your preferred qualifications:
- In addition to the above, a preferred candidate would have operational abilities with PCLaw accounting software, Amicus Attorney practice management software and Worldox document management. Full training is available for the right candidate
- You don't want to be a secretary. You want to learn your way into being the office manager of a law firm or the executive assistant to a private equity firm CEO. You expect to grow out of this job, eagerly, and if that happens you will train your replacement before you go.
- You understand loyalty; you give it and you get it.