I'm seeking two seasoned non-fiction copy/content editor with a keen eye for detail to edit and review the same 2 chapters or 2,300 words from a 10,000 word non-fiction manuscript on CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) machine compliance.
Depending on your performances on this edit, I'm planning to reward the job of editing the rest of the manuscript to the editor that shows the most proficiency in the following criterias:
We're seeking an editor who can:
1. Do an exhaustive copy edit to correct grammar, punctuation, and syntax.
2.Do minor developmental editing providing suggestions for improving authors voice, strengthening paragraph construction, and to make suggestions on making what tends to be a clinical topic more lay reader friendly.
3. Coordinate and make suggestions pertains to quotes, intro, table of contents, photo captions, references, addendum.
4. Work with the author to go through 2 drafts and be flexible about doing a final grammar and punctuation sweep at the end if necessary.
5. Be able to start work by 2/15 and finish the 1st line of edits by 2/17/16.
We'd also prefer someone who:
1. can fact check
2. is familiar with the Chicago Manual of Style
3. is a native English speaker
4. Resides in North America
5. Highly responsive and meets deadlines
6. Proactive with high attention to detail
Because I have several e-books in my pipeline for this year, we're looking for someone who we can hire for additional projects in the future.
Thank you in advance for your consideration!